Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Announcing the 2017 Biloxi Junior Program!

mosher

Greetings shooters!

My goal for 2017 is to grow the sport, and get more of our youth involved. 

As such, I'm excited to announce the formation of the BPSA Junior Program for 2017.

Here is how it works:

1.  Kids shoot free  

Kids shoot free at every BPSA event in 2017.  USPSA, 3gun, NSSF, Special Prize matches, Level 2 matches all included.  No strings. 

I plan on running close to 25 events in 2017, including several state level matches for USPSA and NSSF.  A kid that wants to shoot all 25, his or her cost is $0.

2.  Free seminars led by guest instructors 

At the conclusion of our level 1 club matches, we're going to leave one of the stages up, and a guest instructor is going to lead a free one hour seminar going over topics ranging from how to get started in the sport, to safety basics, shooting tips, and an opportunity to shoot stages from the actual match several times with instructor feedback.  Need not participate in that mornings match, and can even show up with a rimfire gun to run the stage.  Another key part of this seminar is engaging with parents and answering their questions and concerns with their child participating in the sport, and addressing any concerns they may have.   Instructors will vary by month, and we'll be inviting local and regional talent to take a turn in the well.  We hope to also do this after some of the larger level 2 matches, as the schedule permits.

3.  Juniors only level 2 USPSA match

At the culmination of 2017, on Dec 31st, I will be running a juniors only level 2 USPSA match, staffed by volunteer ROs, in which the kids will be able to squad together and compete across several stages and apply the things they've learned over the year while competing for awards.

#KidsShootFree

#RaisingTheBar

10 hours ago, jdub05 said:

Wow that is a great idea Mr. Mosher. I love the jr only match at the end of the year. My son JW and I are planning to attend the revolver match in April. Thank you for making it free for juniors! It is much appreciated. 

You're welcome!  Look forward to having you and JW come over and shoot the revolver state match in April!