Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skeletonized Hammers

pdxrealtor

Finally got to the range, after blowing the dust off my revolvers, and shot the l-comp with this hammer in it. ~6 lb pull weight and not one light strike on mixed factory Winchester and federal ammo. About 50 rounds. 

Pretty happy with that. I'm going to clip the spur and then dial it in a bit more. 

I got two pulls in the rotation that are 6oz heavier than the other five. I've tracked it down to the cylinder rubbing the back plate, and thought I had it fixed but I don't. That's another topic. 

Fun stuff.... 

What are the thoughts on cutting the 11lb rebound spring a coil or two on a carry gun? 

Don't cut coils on a carry gun. If you need it, you won't notice the trigger pull and maybe not even the sound of it going off. My match guns are super light, carry guns much heavier trigger pull. Check for a crooked ejector rod too. That can cause some chambers to pull harder than others if not straight. Usually the rod itself is straight, but the threaded connection is what's crooked. You have to straighten the assembly, not just the ejector rod.