Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
johoevasmatrix

cleaning usp 40

I have had a usp 40 for toooooo long for it to be now that I am asking this question besides field stripping and cleaning which I do at least after every two times I go to the range, but I am wondering if I should be worried that i have never got to my firing pin. Not sure I can get to it. if I can please explain how and how to clean the iring pin bore. thank you Brent

You can always shoot an aerosol cleaning agent through the firing pin hole on the breech face till it runs out the back clean. I used to use MicroX before it got too expensive.

Been a while but I believe you could also partially drive out the roll pin/metal roll that's closest to the rear sight (better to have a backup roll pin just in case) to remove the firing pin then push the pin back in when you're done.

I wouldnt worry about that. You could if its making you crazy. If you're going to have problems, i think it will occur with other parts first. I know you can go at least 15k rounds without dealing with it.

Coleman   

Good 1-6 vid on youtube for complete disasembly and reasembly. Its not that hard just have to watch each vid a few times and do it step by step, just take your time.

j0n   

Very easy to knock out the rollpins in the slide. Knock out the one holding the extractor, and clean that out too. I went about 5k rounds before I cleaned mine and saw next to know buildup on the firing pin. The extractor, however, was filthy.