Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When to start a kid shooting?

Nebwake

both of my kids starting shooting 22's at about 8. I just got my son a ruger 22/45 lite and his first holster and belt. we have begun the training . and before he does any drawing and shooting it will be a lot of dry fire. He may not like it but it will be that way.

For now it has always been low and ready

My son now 11 has been competing in 3 gun local matches fornthe last 9 months. I stqrted him at 5 on an mp15 22 w a red dot. He now shoots 22 pistol 20 gauge shotgun and 223 rifle. Started on rimfire stages w knockover steel. My daughter now 6 shoots 22 rifle but I help her support the firearm. My son has been drawing out of a hokster for 1 year now. Shot his first idpa match local this year. They know recite breathe the 4 rules of gun handling. Playing nerf guns arou d the house same rules apply.

I started my stepchildren shooting when they were 10 & 13. It is totally dependent on maturity and good habit development. Before we even went shooting we had multiple gun handling sessions in the house where i thought them what a gun was and how it worked.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk