Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VIC 123 for reloading?

bigduck73

I am looking at getting a new digital scale. As I plan to do all of my "volume" loading on a 550b and only load my low round count guns on a standard single stage press, is it worth going with the acculab scale? I have heard good things about the RCBS charge master, but I think that the ability to weigh to .02 grains may be a nice luxury, and I don't forsee the need for the automatic powder thrower.

any thoughts?

I am looking at getting a new digital scale. As I plan to do all of my "volume" loading on a 550b and only load my low round count guns on a standard single stage press, is it worth going with the acculab scale? I have heard good things about the RCBS charge master, but I think that the ability to weigh to .02 grains may be a nice luxury, and I don't forsee the need for the automatic powder thrower.

any thoughts?

That automatic poweder thrower sure is nice though. Pour the powder into the funnel and place the pan back on the scale. The the RCBS weighs the next round while you finish loading the previous round. When you get ready for charging the next case the charge is sitting there waiting, all measured and accurate. Luxury? Heck no - - I NEED that!

Currently in the same boat of 'needing to weight each charge'...right now its a not a good time to make a decision.

As we have both Hornady and Smart Reloader coming out with new power measures in the next 4-6 weeks.

I have also been looking at the acculab VCC and the now discontinued Denver MXX but your looking at a couple of hundred which would buy you either of the new powder measures above.

Prolly going to drop my cash on the new Hornady and get one of their new ultrasonic cleaners while i'm at it.

I think the 0.1 gr accuracy will be good enough for my NRA matches for now ;)

Just my 2c, Mike

I have not heard about the new hornady or the smart reloader scales, a quick google search didn't come up with much I havn't seen, does anyone have more info on these? I was pretty certain I was going to buy the acculab, but now I am curious about these other two, are they auto dispensers? new better accuracy scales?