Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HORNADY 366 AUTO - PROGRESSIVE SLUG RELOADING

RaymondMillbrae

OK folks,

I have been meaning to do this for a while now, and I finally did it.

Here is a turorial on the Hornady 366 Auto Progressive Loader with Lyman sabot slugs.

That's right...LYMAN SABOT SLUGS.

Let me start by saying that I have been all over the internet looking for video footage of the Hornady 366 Auto Progressive Shotshell Loader...to no avail. I scoured YouTube and a few different places and never found footage. So I made a mental note to someday make footage of my lil beasty in action to share with you folks..

So tonight I finally got off my duff and did it.

Let me start by saying that I sound funny.

My wife said that it how I always sound...and I told her, "What"?! (Isn't it always weird to hear yourself talk)? ;)

Secondly, I started-off with a T-shirt in part 1. But then I had to go pick-up my wife and threw on my favourite 10-year old sweatshirt. And when I came back and finished part 2, I looked at the footage and...OH MY GOSH...my sweatshirt looks like I was in the cast of "Survivor". Ha ha ha. (But it is still my favourite sweatshirt).

Thirdly, these were my very last Lyman 525-grain sabot slugs, So there was only ONE CHANCE to get this video right...no retakes. :( (Looking at the footage, I wish I could have).

And lastly, I am not a professional video doode. So please don't bash me on my funky footage, my funky lighting, and my inability to use the proper terms for the press. I didn't reherse anything. I just grabbed the components and "went for it, spontaneously".

My goal here was to show you guys (and others who may fall upon my YouTube video) how the Hornady 366 Auto worked, and that it was possible to reload slugs progressively on it.

Shot, target loads, and slugs, are totally possible on this progressive press. But buck shot may pose a challenge, as filler would have to be used, and the shotshell would have to be removed from the press. (Which in it's original configuration would be near impossible to do without screwing-up the whole progressive process). But there are a few "jerry-rigs" I will be doing to my press to get around this hindrence. (But more on that later, at another time).

Anyhoo...enjoy the show.

In Christ: Raymond

Edited by RaymondMillbrae