Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VLTOR EMOD vs MAGPUL ACS

RaymondMillbrae

Hey folks,

I have a quick question.

I am curious which of the two is the better stock?

It seems like the added length, and the added weight, of the Vltor EMOD would give it the slight edge over the ACS.

What do yall think?

I ask because I am waiting on a Vltor EMOD set-up (buffer tube and all), but this new ACS has caught my attention.

Thanks.

In Christ: Raymond

Both are made equally well.

In that case of comparison.....I'd purchase based on looks.

I prefer to use a rifle stock,buffer,and tube.

I specifically use the Magpul PRS. I use it mainly because of how well it balances the rifle for offhand shooting as well as being completely adjustable.

My work rifles get the Magpul CTR.

I have a Magpul ACS on the way-they sold out the first batch right away at Brownells-said backordered, but was sent the next day. Back in stock. The ability to get a good stock weld on a collapsible stock and the smoothed profile are the attraction. The Lewis and Machine Tool buttstock has been the standard for M4's-but it's $200. VLTOR stocks are light, if you want heavy and stable-get a simple A2. I have a VLTOR clubfoot A2-love it. Getting a Magpul ACS-we'll see.

OK, Folks...

here's the deal.

I had originally wanted the Vltor EMOD stock, and was willing to wait a month or so for a good deal. (It was backordered).

While waiting for the EMOD, the Magpul ACS was released...hence the purpose of this thread.

But now, more information has come to light, and I am getting the LMT SOPMOD stock kit instead.

It seems that the SOPMOD is the "cat's meow," and no one has any gripes with it. (Except for the more expensive price).

I was looking around, and I may have come across a great deal on a complete SOPMOD kit...so I will jump on it.

I like the "looks" of the EMOD the best. But impecable fit & functionality reign supreme in furniture for my toys, so it was an easy choice to invest a measly $30.00 more. (Yea...I may have gotten a good deal)!

Thanks again, as this was another informative thread for me.

Now I just need to educate myself a bit more about the importance of different buffer spring poundage, and the different buffer weights and designs.

Oh yea...I have another question, but I willl start a new thread for that.

PS: You can also order the Magpul ACS stocks from TY (a great supporter of shooters) for $125.00, shipped. (MIDWESTPX). He also has DPMS LPK's for $50.00 shekels!!

Edited by RaymondMillbrae

Just a follow-up.

I walked away with an brand new, Gen2 LMT SOPMOD Kit for $230.00.

I like the look of the Vltor EMOD (and it's extra compartment), but the better fit, and the smooth lines of the SOPMOD, captured my good sense.

If this deal would have fallen through, I PROBABLY (not positively) would have gone with the Vltor EMOD.