Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a New AR Trigger

usp45ss

The AR Gold is real close to a 1911 in feel to me even though it pivots. It has a slight bit of takeup before the single stage. Its not a two stage but has a slight bit of pre travel. It breaks in a very short distance with no overtravel and a super short reset. feels much like my Limited gun trigger. Both are set at 1#14oz.

I'm not saying one bad thing about my JP's or my Jard but I do like the AR Gold just a tad more. The trigger itself is very skinny and I like everything about the feel. Its also got some cool safety features built in. The geometry is unlike any other AR trigger that I know of. One other nice thing is the reliability of popping the hardest primers. The hammer spring is an XP spring and does not translate into the weight of the pull due to the geometry. It pops any primer. I've had some primers not pop on my JP with the yellow reduced power springs. The AR Gold will light off .308 without issue as well. Its pricey and well built. The price is still hard to swallow. They were beng sold at FB for like $240 shipped if you bought them at the match. Still $100 more than a JP. If money is an object get a JP or even a JARD if you know how to adjust it to be reliable. It takes one with JARD experince to make them reliable. Alot of folks have JARD issues because they are tricky to understand. My vote is for the AR Gold but I have no issues with my others either. Just really like the AR Gold so far.