Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 Dead In Mississippi Factory Shooting

DBChaffin

It's a developing story, but it's a tragic one I definitely hate to hear about and which seems all too common these days. A disgruntled employee takes the lives of some of his fellow employees and injures others before taking his own. I pray for the families of those lost and those that are injured in such senseless violence. As of right now, I don't know that I knew any involved in the tragedy, but shooting matches at a club that is literally located behind the Lockheed Martin plant as well as living in a small state like Mississippi makes this hit close to home, even if I live an hour or so away.

Secondarily, I worry about after effects with legislation and anti-gun sentiment from acts such as these. I talked to a member of the SWAT team and he said the guy used a shotgun loaded with buckshot and slugs. Already CNN has stated he used a "shotgun and a semiautomatic rifle". A local news station is saying he was armed with "shotguns and semi-automatic weapons". I am curious to find out the truth on this one, and to see how the media plays it.

For news info on the shooting, CNN, Fox News, or a local news channel, WLBT.

In a similar vein, Fox News chose to have a retired military officer (I think he was a retired Major) comment on the incident Sunday in NJ where three confused teens were about to carry out 3 planned murders of their classmates followed by a random killing spree. Thank God it was stopped.

However, Fox News (I bleive it was yesterday's "Dayside" show) had this uninformed vet indignantly spouting crap like "these kids had an armory, an ARMORY!" and "these were not a couple of target rifles, one of these was a sniper rifle!!" He was talking about a U.S. M1Carbine that the owner had equiped w/ what appeared to be a cheap 3x9 scope and a plastic barrel mounted bi-pod. That constitutes a "sniper rifle"?? As for this vet, despite his credentials he convinced me he is now merely a major idiot rather than a retired Major. Journalistic ethics is a an oxymoron.