Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skateboard tape holds up to 120 degrees, twice

loop

Henning sent me a pair of the smooth aluminum grips and some skatebaord tape and assured me they would stay in place during a Mojave Desert summer. Quite frankly I wasn't going to buy it.

I've shot the gun with the skateboard tape on the grips in two matches on two days that topped 120 degrees in the Bullhead City, Ariz., area. I've also left the gun under the seat of my truck and it was too hot to touch on a few occasions. My understanding is that "too hot to touch" is at least 140 degrees.

The tape has not failed, moved or shifted in any way.

I confess, I really did not believe it would hold up to our summer temps - it has.

Henning assured me it would, but until you've walked out into 120 degrees every day for a month it is hard to take someone else's word for how things will work.

I ordered a pair of the custom checkered grips from Henning, but machining put me on the back burner. He sent me these free of charge to use until the checkered ones are ready. This is super good stuff.

I've won all but one IDPA match I've shot in CDP using these grips. The one, well, I was sick. I should have stayed home. I was second.

Just posting this to kind of help spread the word. I liked dealing with Henning before. Now I just flat believe him. Nothing puts you to the test like going to a match when it's 115 degrees outside and the AC in your truck just broke.

Want to say "Thanks guy!" I won't doubt you again.

And, BTW, thanks for always making sure I get prompt, quality service.

Oh, and one other thing. I have a limited on order. I hope to have it in time to shoot it at Salt River... Yeah, it ain't IDPA, but I ain't limited...