Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bear Creek Bullets

GunDoc

Subject: 45 cal 230 gr. fp bullet.

Shot the bullets with two different loads (Win. Super Target and Win 231) out of two different guns (Springfield 1911 & Ruger Bisley).

I was only able to accuracy test out to 50 ft. as I was at the local indoor range.

these are all 10 shot groups 45 acp. (I had to shoot off hand as I forgot to pack my sand bags).

Springfield:

4.3 gr. WST oal. 1.200 Group size 2”

4.6 gr. 231 oal. 1.200 Group size 9- 2 1/4” 10-3” (called flyer)

Ruger Bisley:

4.3 gr. WST oal. 1.200 Group size. 2 1/4”

4.6 gr. 231 oal. 1.200 Group size 2”

These are defiantly the most accurate bullets I’ve tried so far and for some reason seemed to show less smoke at the muzzle than the plated bullets I was using. :blink:

I haven't had the chance to chrono them yet, (I don’t have the indoor light set up for my chrono) as the temps outside have been it the high teens to single digits.

After 100 rounds through each gun, clean up was much easier than the plated or lead bullets I’ve tried in the past. Next test will be seeing how many bullets it takes for accuracy or reliability to fall off.

At this point I’m highly impressed with Bear creek and would recommend them.

hope this helps.

Doc.

PS. To all on this forum who recommended Bear creek bullets (You know who you are) Thank You!

PPS. Future test’s will be with the 147 gr. in my 9XD service and 180’s in my 40 limited gun.