Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 Tactical Sport "waffle Print" On Frt & Back Strap

Albert

Hello,

This topic might be a stretch as I'm guessing there may not be too many CZ 75 Tactical Sports pistols out there, but has anyone tried to remove or file down the "Waffle Print" that comes on the stock pistols. I've been thinking about this as the grip is very large for my hands with them in place and after seeing the work on the Makfakta site where he removes them and reduces the back of the grip, it's encouraged me to see if anyone else here the in US has tried it our has a gunsmith that has tried it or would be willing to.

-Albert

I used a mill bass-tard file and emory cloth. Not that difficult, just takes some time and patience. I only filed down to the bottom of the waffles. I didn't do a "grip reduction".

Ray

Does that mean you did not smooth it out? Or you did smooth it out? If possible, I'd like to see the work you did through pictures (if possible). How does it feel now? Was it worth the effort?

It's totally smooth now. I just did it to be able to attach grip tape. It feels better to me. Totally worth the effort. I'll try for some pictures later.

Ray

My goal is to get some grip tape on there as well as reduce the overall grip size. By the way, do you compete in USPSA with your TS? How's it working out?

My goal is to get some grip tape on there as well as reduce the overall grip size. By the way, do you compete in USPSA with your TS? How's it working out?

Yes, I compete in USPSA, but with a STI. I'm just playing with the TS for now. I may shoot it next year. It's radically different feeling from the STI. I'll need the winter "downtime" to adjust.

Ray

• 3 months later...
Try this site: it has been done & w/ pictures: www.strictlyIPSC.com

Thanks Carlos, been there already. That's how I got connected to Leif of Makfakta and got some countersunk grips and his magwell. It's too bad he decided to stop making TS parts.