Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should I Buy This Rig?

boo radley

Someone's selling a Safariland belt and holster and some mag holders. The only problem is the holster is something called an "SM6" and designed for 6" slides, and my 1911 has a 5" slide. Can this holster be made to work?

I'd like to upgrade from a Walmart leather belt, and paddle Fobus holster and paddle Fobus mag holder(s). They're uncomfortable, and I'd like more options spacing out the mags. Right now I'm shooting a 1911 in L10, but don't want to rule out other options, and would want a "system". thx

I own both the Safariland and the CR speed belts; NO comparison, the CR speed "high torque" belt is far far supperior. It is the most stiff & stable belt I know of.

I do not like the CR mag holders though. 771s are the way to go there. As for holster? Limcat.

D.C. Johnson

I bought the safariland inner and outer belt about 4 months ago. I'm going to end up selling it after I buy the CR speed belt. When you have full mags on the safariland the belt "bends" and lets the full mag go forward. I have had several mags fall out because of this.

Flyin40