Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Christmas

Do they fit, or do you need spacers to clear the powder measure body?

I'd say they kind of fit. I say that because the cap head screw shoulder fits against the powder measure half ring to hold it tight in place. These screws have no shoulder, so the flattened head has to be tightened against the half ring if you want a tight fit. Since I leave my powder measure just a bit loose it's not an issue for me, but if you like to lock it in place, then I do not recommend them.

That's the same deal with the ones from Hit Factor. They send them with plastic spacers, but the spacers still hit the ring a little. I picked up some thinner aluminum spacers from HD for about $.11 ea. and now it can be tightened down just fine.

However, 1) I see/appreciate some advantage to keeping it loose, and 2) because space is tight, it still seems easier to use a tool if you want it tight. The best option is probably having a wrench stand and just knowing which size to use. I don't have either of those at the moment (too many other projects to prioritize making a wrench stand) so the thumb screws are working.

The case feeder was my best Christmas present. I'm glad Santa was good this year, otherwise I might not have done his Christmas shopping for him! The case feeder is like the key that turns the 'trial version' into the 'full version'.

I woke up late yesterday and thought: since I was going to be late for work anyway, why not press 100rds for Friday night practice? Then I had an extra half hour between work and shooting and pressed another 100rds. I had dinner late and couldn't sleep, so I pressed another 300rds last night :) Holy cow am I glad I didn't get the LCT (turret) press!

Edited by StraightSh00ter

Do they fit, or do you need spacers to clear the powder measure body?

I'd say they kind of fit. I say that because the cap head screw shoulder fits against the powder measure half ring to hold it tight in place. These screws have no shoulder, so the flattened head has to be tightened against the half ring if you want a tight fit. Since I leave my powder measure just a bit loose it's not an issue for me, but if you like to lock it in place, then I do not recommend them.

I picked up some thinner aluminum spacers from HD for about $.11 ea. and now it can be tightened down just fine.

Harley Davidson? :roflol:

Nah, you can't buy anything from Harley Davidson for $.11. Must be Home Depot. :cheers: