Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm vs .40 frame and slide differences

3djedi

So what I have is a nice stippled grip with a ZEV fulcrum ultimate trigger. I will be swapping out the following slides: a ZEV Dragon fly glock 35 slide, a glock 34 slide, a glock 17 slide, a ZEV socom glock 22 slide with rmr cowitness (in 40 and 9mm conversion). I talked to ZEV today and they told me that their slides have tighter tolerances so in order to use a 9mm conversion I would need to swap out extractors and possibly electors in order to get reliable performance.

Should be good times!

So what I have is a nice stippled grip with a ZEV fulcrum ultimate trigger. I will be swapping out the following slides: a ZEV Dragon fly glock 35 slide, a glock 34 slide, a glock 17 slide, a ZEV socom glock 22 slide with rmr cowitness (in 40 and 9mm conversion). I talked to ZEV today and they told me that their slides have tighter tolerances so in order to use a 9mm conversion I would need to swap out extractors and possibly electors in order to get reliable performance.

Should be good times!

Sounds like you're running some fancy stuff! [emoji106]

yeah! I just got the stippled grip back today. Looks and feels great. I'll throw some pictures up later.

Yesterday I ordered the custom enhanced SOCOM slide with the RMR co-witness cut. That'll take about 45 days to get. I ordered the glock 22 version so I can shoot 40 and 9mm with it. Figured I could set it up for open, limited, or 3-gun just by swapping a few things around. But the main reason I got it was just as a range gun, tactical classes, and maybe home defense. It's versatile!

• 1 month later...