Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SR Gold Help

rboyes

I'm trying to install a SR Gold trigger into my JP PSC12 308. I have a new SR Gold, and one that is a few years old from a build using Mega Arms receivers. Both the new and old trigger work perfectly in the Mega Arms build, but neither work right in the JP.

With the new SR Gold in the JP, it fires fine, but when holding the trigger back and charging the rifle, the bolt carrier rides against the hammer to the point that the bcg binds in place. See here in this video: http://youtu.be/DD0nW7zJ1I4

I believe the binding is due to the new trigger design. Check out the below photo. The newer SR Gold is in the receiver, and has more of a heel to the hammer, while the older one is relieved.

Regarding my older SR Gold, when dropping the hammer and then releasing the trigger I then charge the rifle, and the hammer goes to half cock. The hammer is not being pushed down far enough to get to full cock on the primary sear. It seems as though I have two triggers that are different extremes, but they both work in one rifle and neither work in another- how is that possible? Any thoughts?

image.jpg

I will have to check when I get home. Just going off feel, I think the hammer is dragging more than normal on the bcg well before the bcg is all the way to the rear. I will experiment with some different buffers.

I don't think the issue is with the face of the trigger (ie the top when it is cocked) but rather the left side as viewed in the above photo. It seems as though when it hits the sear hook it limits the amount the hammer can travel.

I've also emailed ATC to see if they had any ideas.

I heard back from ATC. They said the the SR Gold trigger's hammer measures .025" taller when in the cocked position (compared to a regular AR Gold), so that plus dimensonal differences between different 308 AR's is the problem. I swapped a regular AR Gold from a .223 rifle into my JP 308 and it works correctly during dry-firing, though I will have to confirm at the range this weekend. The SR Gold also worked fine in my .223.

If it doesn't work when I bring it out to the range, they said I can send the trigger back in for hammer replacement. Thumbs up to ATC for good customer service.