Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

17 or 18 barrels with rifle length gas systems.

TKCastle

No, worst case is the rifle buffer bottoms out hard in the end of the tube, but that is why there is a polymer tip on the buffer. Worst case long term is wear on the bolt stop or its roll pin breaks, or buffer pad gets beat up. All are replaceable. Highly unlikely (if it won't even lock back all the time) that it will hit hard enough using the carbine spring to beat stuff up. Ejected brass position will tell you if its running too hard.

Can you tell me more about ejected brass positions?

No, worst case is the rifle buffer bottoms out hard in the end of the tube, but that is why there is a polymer tip on the buffer. Worst case long term is wear on the bolt stop or its roll pin breaks, or buffer pad gets beat up. All are replaceable. Highly unlikely (if it won't even lock back all the time) that it will hit hard enough using the carbine spring to beat stuff up. Ejected brass position will tell you if its running too hard.

What he said. As long as you have a rifle buffer in a rifle tube your fine.

I've cut springs down to a couple of inches sticking out the buffer tube for my subsonic 300 blk and it cycles, feeds, and closes reliably.

Nick

Can you tell me more about ejected brass positions?

Normally brass is thrown at your 4-5 o'clock when all your springs and stuff are not worn.

When you have too much pressure acting on the BCA and it can't compensate the brass is thrown at your 1-3 o'clock.

I'm thinking the speed of the overpressure BCA doesn't allow the spent brass to exit quickly enough before it hits the brass deflector/ejection port on the upper and goes forward.

Nick

Edited by fastshooter03

Well I cleaned the gun and lubed well and now it runs everything I put through it from wolf and Tula to xm193. I ran a few hundred rnds with no malfunctions period. I think it had as much to do with breaking it in as it did with the clean and lube but it is amazing how little my dot moves when shooting fast now. Thanks for the help.