Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Everglades .223 ver 1 w/H335

gatnfans

Has anyone used these and do you have a starting recipe for H335? They are a pretty good bulk price and the reviews on the site are good but I can't find any data on them. Below is the description on the site. Thanks for the help.

These are our original 55gr 223 standard bullets. These bullets have a more rounded nose and a larger recess at the base of the bullet. 55gr FMJ Bullets for loading 223 or 5.56 brass. 22 Caliber (224 Diameter) 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail with Cannelure. Great for general target shooting and plinking.

If that's a bulk bullet from GTO, I've used several thousand and they are exactly as advertised "for general target shooting and plinking" but don't plan on shooting one ragged hole. I don't have my H335 load info at hand but found the Hodgdon online data the perfect place to start.

They are from Everglades Ammunition. The Hodgdon online data has a soft point that is the closest to the shape and length (but still not right) and starts at 23gr but others on the Everglades site say they use 26gr and that is over the max on Hodgdon's site for the soft point. I don't trust the reviews, would rather here from someone on a forum that I trust.