Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New gun or Customization itch!

So this might be a bit of a shock on a shooter's forum, but I think I have all of the guns I "need" for the moment. I'm set up to shoot every division I'm interested in (Ss, Limited, 3gun, gssf, steel events, HD, and carry) and I'm set up to load on dillon gear. I have no interest in loading rifle, ever. But I've got a huge itch and some disposable money to get myself a present.

Back story: This last year I was given the chance to move across the country for a dream job, and I sold a bunch of cool gear to help finance that and the few months before my girl could get work here. sold some 1911s I loved, a custom 2011, but I have ZERO regrets. People might say I'm nuts, but I can replace guns, I can't replace the year I've had with her.

but now that we're both working and have saved up a bit, I'm really looking to do something for myself. I don't have any truly customized pieces at the moment, and I think that might be a cool idea. Looking for suggestions on what to do that would be a good or fun bit of upgrading but not break the bank. I'm thinking of keeping it under $1000 so full custom stuff is out. I would like stuff I can actually use, so safe queen work is out. Here's what I could work with:

Les Baer Concept V: worn looking stainless, and hasn't been rebuilt in a decade. still accurate as all get out but looks well used and i think a worn disco has the trigger pull getting heavy. I could send this off to alchemy or similar for a set of new guts and a fancy coating or something

M&Pc: setting up for carry, I could send it in for some full custom work or melt an RMR into the slide, etc. Already has good guts and low round count

ARs. both my game gun and SBR have nice optics and set ups, except for hand guards I just really don't like. But with new prices as they are, not sure it's the best bang for the buck

Glock 17: prize pick up from GSSF, but it shoots like a stock glock. Want to upgrade the sites and internals, but it would still be just a once in a while gun since I'm pretty set up for limited and 3 gun already, and like to run consistent platforms. But I've always wanted a pistol with melted red dot, and this would be a good candidate maybe?

Other suggestions welcome! I don't have to spend it all at once, that's for sure.

Steve