Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ATOM Unity Tactical optic mount

rockmup

In my quest to build an Open gun I knew I wanted a slide mounted optic. Not a big deal drill and tap some holes and away we go. Or, mill the slide and away we go, or better yet send my slide to Unity Tactical to be milled for their ATOM mount.

Why ? Two reasons actually, one, I was not positive which optic I was going to end up with. Two, this gets it low to the bore without adding any weight. In fact I lost .5 oz with this mount.

They have you send it to Matt at L&M Precision GunWorks | Where Precision is an attitude, not just a word

Wouldn't you know I sent him a JPoint. They didn't have a mount for that. They do now, lol Matt called me to clarify what I wanted as the order form had issues(web site stuff) and to tell me they didn't have a mount but he could still do it by using an iron sight mount. Thats great for me as I didn't want any iron sights.

Lucky for me Matt is smart enough to mount it as far back on the slide mount as he could. That left me room to mount a cocking handle on the mount in front of the optic. Kick arse !

Yes I know the screws are ugly but they are all had in 4-40

OpenGlock001_zpsc38cfeaf.jpgOpenGlock003_zpsfa1afd3d.jpgOpenGlock004_zps050aded4.jpgOpenGlock007_zpsc9309405.jpg