Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training books and reference material

cutter304

Hi,

I'm looking at some recommendations for books and other reference materials to teach newcomers how to shoot. Not looking at teaching them tactics or to compete, but get a decent group on the paper. I've been building a great clipping file from this forum and others, but I would like to get a few books to have it all in one place.

I gotta work on getting the NCO out of my system to teach in the civilian market. I was teaching my boss and after the fourth or fifth time leaving his finger on the trigger, I told him "Keep your $!#* finger off the $*&% trigger!!" The good thing is that it didn't happen again.

Hi,

I'm looking at some recommendations for books and other reference materials to teach newcomers how to shoot. Not looking at teaching them tactics or to compete, but get a decent group on the paper. I've been building a great clipping file from this forum and others, but I would like to get a few books to have it all in one place.

I gotta work on getting the NCO out of my system to teach in the civilian market. I was teaching my boss and after the fourth or fifth time leaving his finger on the trigger, I told him "Keep your $!#* finger off the $*&% trigger!!" The good thing is that it didn't happen again.

The "most used" book I own is Steve Anderson's Refinement and Repetition.

Google "bullseye shooting", there is a site that has the us army marksmanship unit bullseye pistol manual, and various articles. I just took that and use the concepts with my freestyle stance. Also Brians book, and if you haven't seen matt burketts volume 1-3, the third volume is an interview with brian that is the best explanation I have seen on shooting groups!