Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Match - Volusia, County, FL - Oct 22

From the Club Website Calendar:

VOLUSIA COUNTY GUN & HUNT CLUB PRACTICAL SHOOTING

8:00 AM - 1:00 PM Oct 22, 2011

USPSA / IPSC

Hi all,

I wanted to invite everyone to our US Practical Shooting match this weekend repeating the 4th Saturday of the month at the Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club.

Anyone with a pistol or revolver of a caliber 9mm or larger may shoot. You will also need a holster that covers the trigger guard and at least two magazine pouches for your spare ammo to reload from. An average stage can run between 12-36 rounds, but we plan to keep it lower for our first match so everyone can enjoy it. To be safe bring 200 rounds of ammo. Please help spread the word out to other shooters that may not have received this email by forwarding it on.

We will have 6 stages with walls, doors, cars, moving targets, metal plates, swingers, and plenty of challenging stages to test your shooting. Here's a really informative video of what Practical Shooting is all about ( http://uspsa.com/USPSA_Videos/index.html ) but don't be intimidated by the guns used by the pro's. USPSA has several divisions that allow for ANY type of firearm to compete, each with separate classes so your always shooting against someone of your own speed and ability.

I've asked veteran professional pistol shooter, and club member David Pruitt to design some courses of fire for our very first match. I'm sure they'll be fun! Please contact him if you have any questions about this upcoming match. depruitt@aol.com

REGISTRATION 8AM-8:45

SAFETY BRIEFING 8:45 AM

MATCH STARTS 9:AM

Match Director: SEAN BEERY & DAVID PRUITT depruitt@aol.com

$ 15 MEMBERS OF VCGHC

$ 20 NON-MEMBERS

PUBLIC WELCOME

Location: 4645 SR 44 NEW SMYRNA BEACH, FLORIDA 32168 http://www.volusiacountygunandhuntclub.com/contact.html

Thank you,

Sean Beery

Director

VCGHC

386-717-1394

386-774-6729 fax