Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want to start reloading.

i have no idea how or why the explosion happend just know it was along long time ago. and i think it was something faulty with the primer but when it struck it blew a bunch. pretty sure the equipment he was using was good.

Well a primer explosion is something to avoid, and since you're taking up where he left off it would be VERY MUCH worth your time to investigate. Now many people loads tens of thousands of primers with never a mishap. Of all the components, the primer is the most likely to erupt. Not saying it will every happen to you, but in this hobby (like sky diving) you want to work very hard to avoid safety violations.

Sometimes the explosion is just a quirk, sometimes it's from the design of the equipment (such as the Lee machine above), or sometimes from trying to force the primer into a pocket that's not ready to accept one. All these issues are preventable.

;)

Well i do know that the equipment he was using then is not even near the high speed stuff he is using now. :)

So maybe he was simply trying to get sped up without the correct equipment. Just like driving a car, driving the wrong equipment too fast can get you hurt. There is a definite rhythm to reloading, with a separate speed for each type of press. Watch the guy on UltimateReloader.Com because he's working at a proper speed. Definitely do not watch any videos on YouTube that start with the words "Watch how fast I can..." :roflol:

But i am excited gonna try and go to his house 2 or 3 times this week and get stuff set up.

I think you should. You'll learn a heck of a lot about ammo, and in so doing learn 10x more about your gun. It's all good.

;)