Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weird online match results for a division with a re-entry

Skydiver

If you look at the results at:

http://www.uspsa.org...&guntype=Pistol

It shows the reentry as getting 100% of the stage percentage, and the other two competitors percentages keying off the re-entry's hit factor.

Anybody know if this is normal?

I suspect that this is just a data presentation issue on the website, because EzWinScore seems to show the correct data. Only the scores for match score -- none of the re-entries.

Edited by Skydiver

It shows the reentry as getting 100% of the stage percentage, and the other two competitors percentages keying off the re-entry's hit factor.

I suspect that this is just a data presentation issue on the website, because EzWinScore seems to show the correct data. Only the scores for match score -- none of the re-entries.

The reentry got 0 stage points and the maximum stage points went to the highest real shooter so there shouldn't be any effect on the match totals.

The reentry got 0 stage points and the maximum stage points went to the highest real shooter so there shouldn't be any effect on the match totals.

Correct, it didn't affect match totals because match totals are based on match points, not percentages.

I was under the impression that Reentries went to the bottom of the list like DNFs and DQs... at least that what I thought I saw with the old version of the USPSA website early last year. (If it doesn't have to, this is good! That means I don't have to do any special case logic to push re-entries down in a little app that I'm writing as a hobby.)

I was under the impression that Reentries went to the bottom of the list like DNFs and DQs... at least that what I thought I saw with the old version of the USPSA website early last year. (If it doesn't have to, this is good! That means I don't have to do any special case logic to push re-entries down in a little app that I'm writing as a hobby.)

I think reentries have always been listed in the USPSA results pages in the same order as the results were. It used to be a little different when it would show a reentry as being first in the match but not list them as a match winner. And before that you had to trick the system to get a reentry at all.

You still have to keep thinking about the reentry special cases. There's one where someone reshoots the classifier in the same division to send in a better score for classification. Another is when he reshoots the classifier in a different division. Another is shooting the whole match again in the same division or a different one. Sometimes the reentry is a real score that should be treated like any other and sometimes it shouldn't be allowed to affect the match.