Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strong mount and portable setup

Hi, I have been wringing my hands a bit over what to get for reloading. I am very cramped in a 1 bedroom condo with wife and dog right now with no chance to sell it. I managed to clear most of a trunk for a planned reloading setup. I have no other space Obviously, this restricts my gear quite a bit.

I saw a post where someone had mounted a Dillon 550 to what amounts to an upside down birdhouse :D Essentially iit was a U-shape on its side with end plates the bottom was longer and came forward for a better platform Now I was thinking that might be a good route. Any comments on this and should I skip the strong mount in this case? I am thinking the strong mount may hurt me in this case by giving more leverage against the mobile platform.

Here is how I made mine portable. I bolted the strong mount to some 2x6s and counter sunk the bottom of the bolts. Then glued the 2.6s and screwed them to a piece of 3/4" plywood. I then c clamp it to a corner of a table. Very stable and works well and when my wife wants a guest to stay in that bedroom, I can take it off the table quick and put the whole thing in the bottom of the closet.

550Setup.jpg