Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 41 w/Bully Barrel & Aguila SSS 60gr for Steel

johnnywitt

I kinda found out by accident that the my Ray Brandes Bully Barrel will cycle and STABALIZE the Aguila SSS 60gr ammo. The Bully Barrel has a faster twist rate than athe standard 1:16 .22 LR. I believe it has a 1:8.

I have been shooting Aguila SSS 60gr at Steel and it hits with extreme authority for a .22. It will whack a steel target with an off center shot almost as hard, or harder, than a regular 40gr with an direct hit.

I shoot my Bully Barrel all the time suppressed while my little kids are sleeping and it completely stabilizes the 60gr bullets. Any of my other barrels WILL NOT stabilize this round. I shoot this round now exclusively with my Bully Barrel. It gives target grade accuracy for me and is fun as heck to shoot. I mostly shoot steel with my Bully. I had it shortened by Mr. Brandes to about as short as a 41 barrel can be because I shoot with suppressor and with optics (Aimpoint Micro- copied KAZ) with the Bully Barrel and I wanted as short an OAL unit as possible. I use a Buffer on the frame and my best guess as far as the SSS round is that they take a .22 Short case and fill it with a .22 short HV powder charge with a 60gr bullet. I've shot old refridgerators and various other aplliances and this round gives way more penetration than a regular .22 HV round out of any comparable bbl length. For Steel Shooters, this Bully Barrel Mod. 41 combo is the ticket.