Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Pull Std 9mm vs. Witness Elite Pro

k_law

I got a new EAA Witness Std 9mm and an EAA Witness Elite Pro in the last couple of months. I was disappointed at the trigger pull on the Pro, it really didn't seem any better than the Std. I had some email conversations with Henning about getting a lighter smoother pull on the Pro but I can't find the emails so I will put this out to the forum.

to improve the trigger pull in DA you need to do some polishing

the trigger bow sides where it hits the fame, the little grove where the plunger rides, the top of the plunger, the shaft of the plunger, the hammer spring strut, the angled surfaces that the disconector hits on the frame and the sear housing, basicaly anywhere the trigger / hammer parts touch should be nice and smooth. I also install lighter main springs this realy helps the DA pull weight you just need to do some testing to make sure you dont lighten it to much and stop setting off the primers you are using. I have done the above to 2 DA guns and the triggers are great now. just a little time and a few dollars for new springs.

Mike

I have his pin in one of my single action guns and it works great my double action guns still have factory pins and they work good to if you go with his pin you have to loose the firing pin block safty wich is fine for USPSA but not so good for carry and not allowed in IDPA. I have had good luck with the 13 lb wollf main spring setting off CCI primers and giving me a 8ish lb DA pull and 3 lb SA pull. if your gun has to much SA creep you can also shorten the hooks on the hammer but that gets a little trickier and only one of my DA guns needed it.

with a little work these can be a very economical great shooter

Good Luck

Mike