Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making getting back to target as fast as it can get

aessu

I'm a student so I'll have to say that I'm on a budget. I'm getting a J-P Recoil Eliminator, gonna try to WECSOG a adjustable gas system, if that doesn't work i'll buy JP i think. A friend of mine promised to lighten the carrier for free and I'm also going to take the weights out of buffer. Anything else that I can do for a relatively small amount of money?

I've heard some rumours about putting a hydraulic carbine buffer to the back of your buffer tube, reversed and shortening the original buffer. What's this all about? Can't really find any info about this anywhere...

BTW, im going for Millett DMS-1 for optics, and thinking Burris PEPR for mount.

Rifle in it's current config: img4444b.th.jpg

Going for Open as my vision really isn't that good...

Edited by aessu

If you're on a budget the last division you want to shoot in is OPEN. To simply be better than average the added accessories to make your pistol and shotgun competitive will make your rifle seem cheap to build. I'd drop the tank break, get a rolling thunder comp, save your money for for an adjustable gas block (you can make one of these I'm told), low mass JP bolt carrier, and a JP trigger setup and take some weights out of your buffer. That will have you getting back on target faster than you can pull the trigger. Thst Millet DMS or any 1x4 will improve your vision enough to see everything you need to see.

I'd also be very cautious about having your friend lighten your BCG. I personally haven't heard of that being done at home.

Good luck to you. Glad to see you're getting into 3 gun. You won't be dissapointed!

Edited by jtischauser

If you're on a budget the last division you want to shoot in is OPEN. To simply be better than average the added accessories to make your pistol and shotgun competitive will make your rifle seem cheap to build. I'd drop the tank break, get a rolling thunder comp, save your money for for an adjustable gas block, low mass JP bolt carrier, and a JP trigger setup and take some weights out of your buffer. That will have you getting back on target faster than you can pull the trigger. Thst Millet DMS or any 1x4 will improve your vision enough to see everything you need to see.

I'd also be very cautious about having your friend lighten your BCG. I personally haven't heard of that being done at home.

I'm not talking about 3-gun open as you understand it, as there is no 3-gun in the finland. So I'm just talking about open rifle.

The current comp is F2. The trigger is home-mod with 2lbs bull, lighter than JP on my friends rifle, though with more overtravel. I'll buy the adjustable gas block if the WECSOG version doesn't go that well (got access to a machine shop so... *grin*)

Well, we crazy finns have done that at home.

gx7QmymS.jpg

carriers_01.jpg

Those arent made by me, just some other finnish ipsc shooters. Im not that good with machining, but some of my friends are... and im going to use the standard fsb as a starting point for the adjustable block.