Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 5 -- who's shooting the wheel?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Not a word from you revo guys about getting you a JM 625? I thought sure you guys would be stoked about it, you rearly getting anything for the revo division and I even got Jerry to personally autograph the paper work too. tuff crowd!! ;)

I think we should make this the match director award for doing the match. :devil:

JT

Hmmm. Not a word from you revo guys about getting you a JM 625? I thought sure you guys would be stoked about it, you rearly getting anything for the revo division and I even got Jerry to personally autograph the paper work too. tuff crowd!! ;)

I think we should make this the match director award for doing the match. :devil:

JT

That sound great as long as you win Revo division. :devil:

Very nice of you to push for a great prize for Revo, most of the time there is little to nothing for prizes. Heck, the year before at Nat's I got a set of Glock sites. :sick: Thank YOU JT, Julie, S&W and Jerry!!

Congrats to JT for scoring the certified and autographed JM 625! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Of course, my chances of winning top revo ranks right up there with the Mississippi River running north, catching that Leprechaun to get his pot of gold, and going to a bar with Cliff and watching him drink just club soda.

Anyway, my main reason for logging on, and taking a couple minutes away from work, was to check if anybody is still looking to share a hotel room Sat night [June 12th]. One option fell through and I'm now considering driving through Fri night into Sat AM, sleeping a bit at the range and just needing a place for Sat night. :yawn:

PM me ASAP. I want to get this settled by the weekend. At this point, every buck I save is another buck for the grandkids. :D

JT

Man, JT, are you high-maintenance or what??? :P

Seriously, this is a great development. Most of the area matches do a pretty good job of recognizing division winners (the previous administration at Area 5 being a notable exception), and I'm glad to know this one will be no exception.

Thanks very much, Jim, for your efforts on this. I'm stoked! :cheers:

I'm now considering driving through Fri night into Sat AM, sleeping a bit at the range and just needing a place for Sat night. :yawn:

Given certain historial events, this sounds like a really bad idea! :roflol::ph34r:

I'm now considering driving through Fri night into Sat AM, sleeping a bit at the range and just needing a place for Sat night. :yawn:

Given certain historial events, this sounds like a really bad idea! :roflol::ph34r:

Duly noted. Upped the ratio of sleep to driving in more recent trips.

"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to Houngan, who picked up the win at Area 5. Over the past couple years, Matt has shown himself to be a very fine revolver shooter.

It was great to see a bunch of my old revolver (and autopistol!) friends at the match, and nice to meet some new folks for the first time. Nice range, good stages, great match staff. It was a fun weekend.

Thanks. My theme this year is "relax" and it seemed to work pretty well. I relaxed too much on the traps, but otherwise it seemed rewarding to just shoot and not try to force it. Not that I haven't read that advice a hundred times on this site, but it always takes a while to sink in.

In other news, what's with the plains states and those freakin' thunderstorms that just crawl along? I didn't get home until midnight trying to work my way around that thing. I had the same thing happen at the SSN a year or two ago, nearly killed myself breaking through.

H.

Thanks. My theme this year is "relax" and it seemed to work pretty well. I relaxed too much on the traps, but otherwise it seemed rewarding to just shoot and not try to force it. Not that I haven't read that advice a hundred times on this site, but it always takes a while to sink in.

In other news, what's with the plains states and those freakin' thunderstorms that just crawl along? I didn't get home until midnight trying to work my way around that thing. I had the same thing happen at the SSN a year or two ago, nearly killed myself breaking through.

H.

Congrats buddy... You need to get in touch with Dale so we can get the paperwork going.

Glad you made it home safe, but sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.

JT

Way to go matt !!!!

With your A-5 championship you have now qualified to come to the Memphis Chairty Challenge and represent as an Area Champion. Along with Jerry Miculek and Sam Keen the A-6 winner and the A-4 winner respectively.

We now have to see who will come out on top at A-1 (15 revo shooters there) A-2 not sure, the revo attendance has fell there. A-3 as of now less than 10. A-7 (Lentz territory, and not many wheels shooting yet) and A-8 (again Lentz territory, and only 3 listed as of now)

Your shooting has improved dramaticly, just shows what dry fire will do.

Well done. See you in KY, and TN for those state matches.

HOP

Way to go matt !!!!

With your A-5 championship you have now qualified to come to the Memphis Chairty Challenge and represent as an Area Champion. Along with Jerry Miculek and Sam Keen the A-6 winner and the A-4 winner respectively.

We now have to see who will come out on top at A-1 (15 revo shooters there) A-2 not sure, the revo attendance has fell there. A-3 as of now less than 10. A-7 (Lentz territory, and not many wheels shooting yet) and A-8 (again Lentz territory, and only 3 listed as of now)

Your shooting has improved dramaticly, just shows what dry fire will do.

Well done. See you in KY, and TN for those state matches.

HOP

OMG OMG OMG I MADE IT!

Heh, thanks Sam, you know I'll be at Memphis. A squad full of revo shooters is five times better than a typical squad, so a match full of 'em isn't to be missed.

Matt

Congrats Matt! :cheers: The match was fun, good stages, lots of fun people to shoot with on our squad, (6 round gun shooters on our squad so you know things got done quickly) I felt like I shot well but totaly melted down on one stage and that one killed me on my overall finish. :angry:

And a great big thank you to Darrin for letting Tyler and my friend Kevin crash at your place!!!! Thanks to Matt and Steve for a little stage breakdown help, and Ted for the great show.

WTG Matt!

I'll echo Matt's comments about thunderstorm activity. I left at 1:30 PM, right after lunch and the monsoon onset, and didn't get home to Pittsburgh until 4 AM. Of course, there were 5 hours of sleep/breaks in there.

Thanks to Darrel for a place to sleep Sat night. Although next time you can keep the 80 miles of driving in the morning fog.

Great match, although I'm looking for a spray can of "Instant rust" to slow down those clam shells.

Those "Max Traps" were a bitch for sure. I was setting them up to leave the entire head open, but Ray said, nope and set them like that... he's an evil bastard that Ray. :devil:

Glad you earned your way into the match pal....

DVC

JT

Edited by JThompson