Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 5 -- who's shooting the wheel?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tempting. :sight:

I'll decide once I see the stages.

Here's a ruff draft of a couple I put in for consideration... this was just a brainstorm and needs to be cleaned up, but notice they are, mostly, Revo friendly. ;)

Again these are ruff and I don't know that they will be selected, but just to put them out there...

Ya like no like?

post-10719-126464221144_thumb.jpg

post-10719-126464351877_thumb.jpg

Edited by JThompson

Absolutely, Jim! Those stages look like they'd be fun as hell to shoot with a revo!

I'll go on record with you and every match director from here to eternity......please don't ever feel like you need to design stages to be "revolver-friendly" for us. We shoot revolver in USPSA matches because we enjoy the extra challenge.

Gimme a big ol' 32-round field course with lots of options!

Absolutely, Jim! Those stages look like they'd be fun as hell to shoot with a revo!

I'll go on record with you and every match director from here to eternity......please don't ever feel like you need to design stages to be "revolver-friendly" for us. We shoot revolver in USPSA matches because we enjoy the extra challenge.

Gimme a big ol' 32-round field course with lots of options!

You get me enough revo shooters there and I'll have a gun for you guys! I already have a line on one, but I need to get more revo guys in the match. I'm trying to take care of everyone who usually get's left out. Get me ten revo shooters there and we'll put a gun on the table for you guys. ;)

The caveat is you can't call us bottom feeders for 1 yr. :P

Edited by JThompson

Jim, that works both ways, y'know!

Guarantee that multiple gun prizes will be awarded in every USPSA division, and you're more likely to get the serious Revolver shooters to sign up for your match.

To be honest, I sorta expect to see a major prize awarded to the winners of every USPSA division at an Area match. That should be the starting point for prize distribution. After that you can look at classes and categories to see where the rest of the stuff should go.

Regardless.....I'm looking forward to it! :cheers:

Jim, that works both ways, y'know!

Guarantee that multiple gun prizes will be awarded in every USPSA division, and you're more likely to get the serious Revolver shooters to sign up for your match.

To be honest, I sorta expect to see a major prize awarded to the winners of every USPSA division at an Area match. That should be the starting point for prize distribution. After that you can look at classes and categories to see where the rest of the stuff should go.

Regardless.....I'm looking forward to it! :cheers:

Canyon Creek has agreed to provide a gun for all divisions except Revo, so we have some nice top prizes out of his shop, but what we're trying to do is have one for all the division winners as well as guns for HOA Junior, Lady, S/SS classes. Then if we have enough for another go around we have to decide where those will go. Also, there will be a cash payout depending on how much money we have after expenses. There will be no trips to a prize table. We haven't had a final decision yet, but I want to put all the little goodies in the shooter bags and anything like a major prize will get assigned as a prize for achievement or to a junior, as far as that goes and then money for the rest.

The hope is we will have 20 guns. We are about half way there now... I think we are headed in the right direction, esp since we just started working it less than 3 weeks ago. :)

Jt

Edited by JThompson

Sounds great! I sure appreciate you guys at TriCounty picking up the ball and running with it. This will be my first time shooting at your club, and I'm looking forward to seeing the range and running the stages.

Sounds great! I sure appreciate you guys at TriCounty picking up the ball and running with it. This will be my first time shooting at your club, and I'm looking forward to seeing the range and running the stages.

That's another thing we are working on for the match... to get 12 in would have been hard and we would have had to run two on one stage. Dale sat with his BOD and go approval to put in two more ranges. :cheers:

So now we have a comfy 12... WE are going to have to put a very short quick stage next to chrono and run it like one stage to get everyone through there with our matrix. It will have to be well thought through, but shouldn't be a huge deal if we treat it right.

Round up those wheelies Mike!!

JT

I would like to shoot area 5 but I have to see how they continue to screw with me at work. Last friday they told me I am losing my strait shift, now today the said I have to change the weekend I work after 18yrs of working the same weekend. So I may just be able to go, that would be the only perk of getting screwed.(rant off now) :angry:

• 2 months later...

OK guys, time to fire up this thread again!

The Match Directors have committed to award a custom handgun to the winner of Revolver Division if we have 10 shooters registered.

Right now we have 9 wheels signed up.

Looks like some good competition at several class levels, the entry fee is reasonable, and the stages look great. Let's get some more revolver shooters to this one!

The Match Directors have committed to award a custom handgun to the winner of Revolver Division if we have 10 shooters registered.

Looks like some good competition at several class levels, the entry fee is reasonable, and the stages look great. Let's get some more revolver shooters to this one!

One more guy sign up so Mike can win a gun.

I'll shoot revo if he sells it and splits with me. :)

I need to make a clarification here though... there will be a gun, but not likely a custom one.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Good stuff as always Cliff.