Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

School me on a 1911

shepheard

Well I took a turn in a different direction and ordered a Dan Wesson PM 7. I've heard great things about them and decided to buy one. I've been going back and forth researching different 1911's. DW was on the top of my list but funds didn't allow it. Oh well, buy once cry once.

Nice choice. What finish?

Esp since you couldn't buy an...STI :sight:

:cheers:

I have had a gently modified SA Mil-Spec since 1997 I paid $420.00 amd added what I thought were necessary updates over the next 2 years, The gun has probably 25-30 thousand rounds thru it and shows very little wear. About all the care it needs is regular lubrication and cleaning about ever 1000 rounds.

• 7 months later...

I have the same Springer. I would think about sending it in to the custom shop when you buy it for another $600.00 they tighten the slide, put in a new barrel and bushing and a trigger job. Then they guaranty that it will shoot 3 inch groups at 50 yards.

I had mine for about 4 months and I shot that thing a lot and I could not get 3 inch groups at 25 yards. I went to another forum and was told it was the shooter and I got a ration of crap. Today I took the Les Baer and the Springfield and shot them with the same load at 25 yards

on the left is the target of the Springfield at 25 yards on the right is the target of the Les Baer at 25 yards I shot on Friday night. I knew that I was shooting better than the gun could. You can see the difference of what the gun can do.

fixed.jpg

+1 on Steel1212 comments. I have a TRP i compete with it is a great shooting pistol right outta the box. I also have a loaded parkerized that shoots great and is my back-up competition gun (only added the S&A magwell). then i have a Custom carry (Purchased in 86) and a Pro. SPringfields customer sevice is top notch. especially Deb at the custom shop.