Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm not receiving notifications of posts/replys

I did that and I'm now getting "some" of the notifications..... but it clearly isn't working for all threads I'm "watching".

I can't find it now, but somewhere I remember seeing that "delayed e-mail notification" won't send you a notice if you are logged in. I wish I could figure out where I saw that.

Yes, looks like that fixed it-starting to receive messages again!!! Just curious, what was the problem?

It might have been because I removed the board's "send from" email address from the ACP. (Replaced it this afternoon.)

be

Did you change anything because I'm not getting notifications again?

Their picking on you. :roflol:

I'm getting all the ones I signed up for.

A.T.

Well I just got this one but I didn't get any from some of the other ones I've got....weird. Maybe its just on my end......or Kyle is bored lol

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here (although I just changed my email in my profile). Tried the fix above - not sure if it will work.

Can someone give this one a bump and send me a PM to see if it is working now?

Thanks

Same problem here (although I just changed my email in my profile). Tried the fix above - not sure if it will work.

Can someone give this one a bump and send me a PM to see if it is working now?

Thanks

Bump.

be

I'm not getting email notifications that I received PMs. I switched the email notificaiton off then back on but still no EMAIL notifications. It's not a spam filter thing because I do get forum reply notifications.

Any ideas?

Darren

• 4 months later...

Bump this back to the top. Last time I had email notification problems I posted in this thread. Brian did something and it has worked just fine until about 2 weeks ago and everything stopped again.

Followed all the suggestions listed, again, same as last time but with no results.

Anybody else having notification problems?

Yep, I'm still having some issues as well. I have my notifications set for "Immediately" and they either don't come at all or they are delayed (not immediately). My problem is with both notifications for PM and notifications for subscribed posts/threads.

My solution for the PM notification problem was to put a message in my signature saying to just send me an email. See below.

Darren

PS: I've cleared the cache and also made sure my spam filter wasn't to blame.

Edited by ExtremeShot

I haven't made any changes in the ACP in a long time, so I don't think it's forum related.

If it is a forum problem, we have a software upgrade coming soon (probably next week) so that might fix it.

be

• 2 weeks later...