Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para P14-45 Limited Spring

sensei

Hi guys,

An elementar question, ............ :huh:

I an starting to try IDPA (CDP division), with my Para-Ordnance P14-45 Limited inox, .............. so i think that the original recoil spring it is too much eavier, i don't know how many ponds it is.

I would like to try something different, B) , here in Italy i can find Wolff, Ismi and Sprinco, .............

Reading some posts i was thinking about 12 - 14 lbs, with Wilson Shock buffer, ...... i am talking about 230 grs. bullet weight and 165 Pf, for CDP division IDPA.

:lol: can somebody help me ?

hi

Stock on a Para is 22#. I ran a 14# wolff on a Comonolli guide rod with Comonolli pads on both sides of the guide rod head. Before I bought the Comonolli, I ran one Wilson shock buff. You may want to also buy a new mainspring. Stock is over 19#, I can't remember exactly, try lowering to 17# or 15#. Try the 15# first, and as long as you don't get primer failures, then keep it. If you get light strikes on the primers, then go to the 17#. I also took out the series 80 safety and installed a blank. You can then change the trigger and shorten the stroke considerably after the blank is installed. Good luck.