Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Status of new 9mm Magazines !

sinnsyk

Hey everyone who owns an EAA Witness 9mm large frame pistol..

I had a talk with the factory at the Shot Show in Las Vegas yesterday and got some good news. The factory have recently gone through a test of 200 new style 9mm magazines with great results. The magazines which will work with factory spec 9mm (9x19) ammo has the spacer in the back instead of the front. The taper on both sides of the front have been pushed in further which will help support the cone shaped 9mm case. The tests results were extremely successful and we should expect some new style magazines as soon as the production is up and running. They are making a minor change to the follower, but other than that they should be ready.

Please do not call and bug EAA when the new magazines will be available. They have asked me about this as I have kept you all informed about the status of the 9mm mag progress. It just gets me in trouble with them as I only want to keep those of you waiting up to speed. When the new magazine is available again here in the US, I will be receiving them as I have a large back order for them. I will make a post to notify everyone through this forum and back orders will be shipped out immediately.

This also gives me hopes for having a large frame 22-24 round magazine using a modified Grams follower and my H-141 base pad. I am not 100% certain I can use the H-141 as it is and if I cannot, I will make a special base pad that also spacers out the back of the pad.

New 40 S&W magazines is next

This is the other great news. As soon as the 9mm magazines are up and running, they will start making a better 40 S&W magazine. I asked to also make a 40 S&W magazine without the rear spacer so that we can load them long. But in effect, if the spacered 40 mags work, we might also be okay going back to loading factory length (1.135") as long as we can still get 21 + 1 in our magazines.

I have no news of 38 super magazines, but I would say they are "pretty good". I would like to see the front of the indent of these moved in a little more also and we will just have to wait and see after the 9mm and 40s&w is finished.

Visit to the Tanfoglio factory in June

Also, I will be visiting the Tanfoglio factory in June this year which will give me a great opportunity to talk more in detail about future products and improvements by Tanfoglio.

;-)

Also, I will be visiting the Tanfoglio factory in June this year which will give me a great opportunity to talk more in detail about future products and improvements by Tanfoglio.

Hi Henning,

As discussed last time, remember to let me know exactly when and I can tag along and ride "shotgun" :D .

Bianchi

Hey everyone who owns an EAA Witness 9mm large frame pistol..

I had a talk with the factory at the Shot Show in Las Vegas yesterday and got some good news. The factory have recently gone through a test of 200 new style 9mm magazines with great results. The magazines which will work with factory spec 9mm (9x19) ammo has the spacer in the back instead of the front. The taper on both sides of the front have been pushed in further which will help support the cone shaped 9mm case. The tests results were extremely successful and we should expect some new style magazines as soon as the production is up and running. They are making a minor change to the follower, but other than that they should be ready.

;-)

hmmmm.....this sounds like something production shooters may be happy with,,,,,!??!

I don't know the exact time they will be ready. I would guess 2-3 months just due to production and also delivery time. You can place your order online in my store any time. That is the best way. If you want a higher cap magazine you can always write in the comment box that that's what you'd like. I would need to be supplied mags first before I can say how many rounds and if they'll hold 23 reliably. But I think that'll be very doable once we get some quality magbodies in 9mm.

Henning,

This is great news. My 9MM Match has been limited to just fun shooting at the range. It always goes along because it is my daughters favorite gun to shoot. Now we can start using it to it's full potential; instead of limiting how many rounds we load into the magazine. I look forward to using it during some of our club's practical pistol competitions. Good running mags and that new rear sight that's needed and I think you'll see a lot of Match's started to be used. They are a great gun, a great value and a lot of fun to shoot.

• 1 month later...

The new 9mm mags are in, a large shipment came in on Friday. I was up at the machine shop for 24 hours straight working on new magwell so haven't had time to check them out yet. But they do have the spacer in the back which makes me very excited !

;-))

The new 9mm mags are in, a large shipment came in on Friday. I was up at the machine shop for 24 hours straight working on new magwell so haven't had time to check them out yet. But they do have the spacer in the back which makes me very excited !

;-))

You mean I'm finally going to get to try out my Gold Eric? Yahoo! The scope mount for Quinn Tanfo is done too. Giddy-Up!

Be talking to you soon Henning...

JT

you people are killing me!! i haven't even shot my new .40 and now i have to buy myself a new 9mm so i can take advantage of the new magazines. can you tell i have an addictive personality?

liontribe

The new 9mm mags are in, a large shipment came in on Friday.

But they do have the spacer in the back which makes me very excited !

Little sticks only I assume? Plans for base pads, or will the existing base pads work?

Any idea what the max cartridge OAL will be with the spacer in there?

You mean I'm finally going to get to try out my Gold Eric? Yahoo!

Yahoo, too! I gambled and picked up a sweet deal on a used 9mm Gold Custom hoping mags would be available soon. Looks like that's going to pay off.

The new 9mm mags are in, a large shipment came in on Friday.

But they do have the spacer in the back which makes me very excited !

Little sticks only I assume? Plans for base pads, or will the existing base pads work?

Any idea what the max cartridge OAL will be with the spacer in there?

You mean I'm finally going to get to try out my Gold Eric? Yahoo!

Yahoo, too! I gambled and picked up a sweet deal on a used 9mm Gold Custom hoping mags would be available soon. Looks like that's going to pay off.

Mine's been sitting in the safe over a year waiting....

I'd like to request lots of photographs of the Tanfoglio factory. Those of us who love their guns would really like to see a nice photojournalism piece depicting what everything looks like. Outside of the factory, employees, gunsmiths, everything!

I received 3 mags from Henning today with no mod they held 15 rounds and performed perfect.With Henning pads and the stock follower and spring they held 18 rounds and ran fine. I used a V8 Gold team and fired 100 rounds out of each mag.

I think they have fixed the problem.

Thanks Henning

Carl

;-))

2 new magazines were delievered to me today. They looked great. I loaded both with 15 rounds and had no problems. I took them to the range and ran them fully loaded through my 9MM Match and had no nosedive problems. I shot 50 rounds of new 124gr FMJ and 150 rounds of 115gr FMJ reloads and everything fed and cycled perfect. I'm looking foward to using this pistol more. My EAA Match has been a range and practice pistol only. I'm looking forward to using my 9MM Match in some Pratical Pistol matches at my local Gun Club.

Thanks Henning and Emma

Bryan

Yorktown Virginia

Edited by gcphw123

I received 3 mags from Henning today with no mod they held 15 rounds and performed perfect.With Henning pads and the stock follower and spring they held 18 rounds and ran fine. I used a V8 Gold team and fired 100 rounds out of each mag.

I think they have fixed the problem.

Thanks Henning

Carl

Wow it's gonna be hard to squeeze 23 out of that,hope the big stick makes 28

Yipes, only 15 rounds! I was expecting 18 with no mods and 23/24 re-loadable with pads and Grams internals.

Let's let Henning tweak them and see what he can get out of them. We need to get to 23/4 rounds. Also, is there a big stick coming out Henning, or do we have to get the cutoff wheel and the welder out? If we do that, do we have springs and followers to make it work?

JT

Edited by JThompson