Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Admins, is there anyway to do this?

GrumpyOne

I'm reading a lot of posts, and can't help but notice the horrible spelling and grammar involved in some of them (one of my pet peeves, I'm not an English teacher or anything!). I was just wondering if it were possible to add a spell check function to the post (whether it be an automatic one which checks before the post is actually posted, or one that the poster has a button to click). Some of the posts makes all shooters look like complete block heads!

Ummm, spell-check already exists.....

Misspell something while typing a post, and you'll see the red underline....

I think that is the browser, not the forum. Using Firefox?

Later,

Chuck

PS: GrumpyOne: Your knot the first won too notice this! :rolleyes:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88331&view=findpost&p=1015651

We are going to need more than a spelling checker ;)

It's not possible to force spellchecking, nor is there an option in the forum's software for a button.

be

The is a mod option over at invisionize.com to add a spell check button but you could not inforce it. it only works with IE and FF(wich already has it) but it is an option.. I didnt look to see if this version is out yet I know the last update version was but if not this one should be out soon.

I've got an idea. Everybody has a spare coffee mug they can leave on the desk, right? Every time you see a spelling/grammar error, put a quarter in a coffee mug. When it gets full, mail me the quarters. Keep the mug. Repeat when full.

I've got an idea. Everybody has a spare coffee mug they can leave on the desk, right? Every time you see a spelling/grammar error, put a quarter in a coffee mug. When it gets full, mail me the quarters. Keep the mug. Repeat when full.

If they follow you around the mug will fill quickly. :blink:

Yeah, must be the browser. Using I.E., no red lines shoe up wen yu mispel somting.

Switch to firefox..... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Sweet!! I just did this just to check that out! I'll have to see what it's like.

It couldn't bring over my favorites for some reason though. :(

Edited by lugnut