Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tired of lubing 1911s?

Corey

A co-worker pointed me in the direction of this today and I found it fairly interesting. Cylinder & Slide has come out with a 1911 called the Trident, which thanks to a special "fail zero" finish, requires no lubrication to run properly! Its based on a Springfield frame and looks pretty nice. Not sure if itd be 'game applicable', but i thought Id share with the rest of you :)

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/trident.shtml

enjoy :cheers:

A co-worker pointed me in the direction of this today and I found it fairly interesting. Cylinder & Slide has come out with a 1911 called the Trident, which thanks to a special "fail zero" finish, requires no lubrication to run properly! Its based on a Springfield frame and looks pretty nice. Not sure if itd be 'game applicable', but i thought Id share with the rest of you :)

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/trident.shtml

enjoy :cheers:

Interesting.

used to have several pistols done in what was then called electrofilm. I didn't lube any of them for years, and they just ran and ran. Unfortunately the EPA frowned upon the process and it was killed. If this is as good, I will get it done to something eventually. It sure is nice to run a gun dry without problems. Less mess, easier to clean. Looks cool too.

Hello: I would rather have some sort of lube in there. You can look at automotive coatings for pistons and bearings to see what is available. They work great but still need some lube. I have coated bearings and pistons on some race engines for years. It really works. You can also have transmission parts done. There are alot of wonderful products out there. Thanks, Eric

If I were building a new gun maybe. But then I will have to accept their slide to frame fit and how good is that?

It's possible to send them your gun...that's what Derek proposed with mine since he's talked with the guys at FZ. R,

I checked and slide to frame fit is fine for combat accuracy. I run a fail Zero bolt in my AR with no problems and am a believer. I have Ron Phillips building me a 1911 Bullseye gun now which he is going to send to Robar for the NP3 finish which I thought was the same. I know Robbie has the rights for gun applications. I also have sent him a Glock. He can take any gun and coat the internals, slide, etc.Check out the Robar site...