Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Add Reply button

Flexmoney

I wonder if the "Add Reply" button can be moved up closer to the text box? And, the "Attachments" tools moved lower (keeping "Options where they are at).

It would be more efficient, since we aren't adding attachments with each and every post.

It's pretty close and pretty bold --- if you're not a moderator.....

Wrong. It is below...

The "Attachments" block,..

then it is below the "Options" block.

Which, on my laptop, requires extra steps to get to "Add Reply/Preview Post" block. Being an efficiency junkie...

I am on the desktop today. I have a scroll wheel or two that makes it better. (So, if you are on a desktop, you might not get the pain-in-the-ass'ness of it.)

Regardless, it's a poor place for the button. Heck it could have more than one button that does the same thing.

In the example below, if you happen to set the scroll bar just right huh.gif, then you can see all the tools that are above the text box and also see the reply button. (I never get the scroll just right, unless I am on a mission to do so.)

post-690-126445139041_thumb.jpg

In all those scenarios, in the text box, if you hit the Tab Key, doesn't that take you right to the Add Reply button? Then just hit Return.

?

On Twitter, I think there's a setting in the ACP to turn that off. Maybe take a look if you have some time, or if not, i'll look later.

be

In all those scenarios, in the text box, if you hit the Tab Key, doesn't that take you right to the Add Reply button? Then just hit Return.

?

No. I just tabs forward in the text box (by about 5 spaces)... browser = Google Chrome.

?

No. I just tabs forward in the text box (by about 5 spaces)... browser = Google Chrome.

Do you have another browser you could test it in? (For me in Safari it works as described.)

And I've never used Chrome, did you check to see if there's a setting for that in Settings/Prefs?

be

Do you have another browser you could test it in? (For me in Safari it works as described.)

And I've never used Chrome, did you check to see if there's a setting for that in Settings/Prefs?

be

browser for this post = IE8

Tab does take it to the "Add Reply" button.