Arkansas Section Handgun Championship

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got a another batch of entries in. I am going to waive the late fee for the next few days for those of you who have not put your entry in the mail by Saturday the 17th. So please put it in today's mail if possible if you want to shoot a fun, challenging match.

See ya on the range

Ron

Edited by ipscron2000

How does the fixed time on stage 4 work? Is that par time of 8 seconds per string or the total for both? How are misses factored in?

Thanks!

each string is 8 seconds. misses do not count against you. these stages are for points only.

lynn

The weather is looking a little wet again this year. Bring a rain suit, umbrella and boots. It will still be a good match, just periods of rain on Saturday and less chance on Sunday.

Please be at CASA for Saturday sign-in by 8:30 AM or earlier. You will get your squad assignments and packets then.

We will be raffling off a gun or two, so bring an extra $20 cash to get entered in that.

See ya on the range

Ron

The weather is looking a little wet again this year. Bring a rain suit, umbrella and boots. It will still be a good match, just periods of rain on Saturday and less chance on Sunday.

Please be at CASA for Saturday sign-in by 8:30 AM or earlier. You will get your squad assignments and packets then.

We will be raffling off a gun or two, so bring an extra $20 cash to get entered in that.

See ya on the range

Ron

Sounds like there will be plenty of puddles for me to rinse my Glock mags off in - woo hoo! And yes, this year I'm bringing long pants. And maybe some scuba gear. See y'all Saturday! :cheers:

Most of the RO's shot today, no rain, but lots of wind. The targets had to be picked up several times. Everyone who shot today said it was a fun and challenging match. There is not too much movement in the match which is good if the range is muddy from the rain moving in.

I'll be working Stage 8 over the weekend, say "hi" when you come through.

See ya on the range

Ron

Shot 11 of the 12 stages yesterday because I had to be at work today.... fun match, good stages, plenty of rounds and good amount of movement, different things, etc. The "house" stage is the best I think. One good thing for you open gunners.... I only had to drop a mag when the course mandated it :) Oh yeah, I'll be CRO on stage 5 (briefcase stage) so I'll try and keep the seat dry for you.

Edited by CDPMatt

Shot 11 of the 12 stages yesterday because I had to be at work today.... fun match, good stages, plenty of rounds and good amount of movement, different things, etc. The "house" stage is the best I think. One good thing for you open gunners.... I only had to drop a mag when the course mandated it :)

How many rounds does you gun hold? 29? Next year the course will be 30 rounds. :roflol:

Ron

Shot 11 of the 12 stages yesterday because I had to be at work today.... fun match, good stages, plenty of rounds and good amount of movement, different things, etc. The "house" stage is the best I think. One good thing for you open gunners.... I only had to drop a mag when the course mandated it :)

How many rounds does you gun hold? 29? Next year the course will be 30 rounds. :roflol:

Ron

30 is good for me.... I just can't miss :)

Most of the RO's shot today, no rain, but lots of wind. The targets had to be picked up several times. Everyone who shot today said it was a fun and challenging match. There is not too much movement in the match which is good if the range is muddy from the rain moving in.

See ya on the range

Ron

ron,

so, the ro's have a seperate match from the regular match this year? the official match dates are april 30th - may 2 correct?

lynn

See ya on the range

Ron

ron,

so, the ro's have a seperate match from the regular match this year? the official match dates are april 30th - may 2 correct?

lynn

Lynn, we shoot before the regular match, but we are all scored together as one match.

Ron

See ya on the range

Ron

ron,

lynn

Lynn, we shoot before the regular match, but we are all scored together as one match.

Ron

Ron,

You may want to review the following:

6.5.2 Range Officials, match sponsors and other persons may compete for

score in a pre-match, subject to the prior approval of the Match

Director. Competitors in the main match must not be restricted from

viewing the pre-match. Scores attained in the pre-match may, at the

discretion of the Match Director, be included in the overall match

results provided the dates of the pre-match are published in the

official match schedule. (also see Section 2.3).

Edited by Stage 3

Man am I glad I was able to shoot the match today!

This is what I would call a shooters match. Not a lot of moving or activated targets just good steel and paper targets. I loved it !

Just got in from shooting all 12 stages today. Very good match and the weather turned out to be fantastic. Seems quite a few people didn't show up and all I got to say is you missed a good one! Barfed on 1 stages but shot 11 pretty good. We are going back for results tomorrow and a shoot up to boot!

Lee

Awesome match and I am glad the weather held out. We shot all 12 stages today.. Sqauad 2 had a bunch of excellent shooters on it and was smoking through the stages.. Great shooting with all you guys! Thanks to all the match staff and all the ROs for the time put in at the match. Will find out tomorrow just I finished..

VERY good match. glad i was able to make it out to this match this year. the weather was very good could not ask for better. i was very glad to the call for us to shoot all 12 stages in one day. squad 2 was the best squad to shoot on.

This was truly a great match. Probably a good thing that lots of people stayed away because of the potential for bad weather. One shooter on our squad shot stage 7 in the rain, all of 1 minute, lol. Then the weather got hot and beautiful. Shooting the entire match today was a great decision. I thought I liked 32 round stages, but not haveing them makes a great match.

Thanks to all the RO's and match staff for a really good match.

Thanks to everyone who came to this years match. Our attendance was down some, but taking the economy and weather into play, i don't think we did bad. All I heard from the shooters was that they had a great time and it was a great match. Plan on it again next year, maybe with some 32 round stages and some more swingers ect...

Here are the match results from the Section Match. I also uploaded them to the Major Match page on the USPSA website.

2010 AR Section Handgun Championship results.pdf

Thanks

Ron :cheers:

Great match, as always! Somebody must have done something right, because all the bad weather just scooted right on by the range - it was an awesome weekend. And I agree, it was a great call to have us shoot it all yesterday - that's the only reason I'm already home. :cheers: Squad 2 was a blast! Hope we all get to shoot together again soon. Thanks to all the staff and ROs, this is always one of the best run big matches every year. See y'all next year!