Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arkansas Section Handgun Championship

I am here to announce the 2010 Arkansas Section Handgun Championship to be held at Central Arkansas Shooters Assn. (CASA) on May 1-2. We have 12 stages planned with a total round count of 250 or so. We will run 8 stages on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. Lunch will be provided on Saturday. Prizes and awards to follow the end of the match on Sunday. I will post more information as it becomes available.

2010_AR_Handgun_Championship.pdf

thanks

Ron Johnston

rjohnston@aristotle.net

Match Director

CASA

Edited by ipscron2000

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding, I got off 27 rounds on the first stage before I said nope and went home. Always a great match at a great range. I hope to attend.

Here's the good news: It probably won't rain AS MUCH as it did in '09. That was a record for Arkansas. I think it rained 8 inches that day we shot and it went from 75 degrees down to 51 in 8 hours. Man! it was miserable. But the best part of it all was that EVERYONE I talked with seemed to be enjoying themselves. Even if it was a false statement.

Ron :cheers:

The USPSA web site has this match listed as May 8-9. The CASA site says May 1-2. Which is correct? I shot this match a couple years ago and had a blast. I'm hoping it lines up with my weekends off this year.

Thanks

The match is on May 1-2, 2010. The other date was called into USPSA before we found out that is Mother's Day. There is no way we could hold a match on Mother's Day. Again, the AR Section match is on May 1-2 just like the application shows above.

Sorry for any inconvience.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

I have some Hotel information here. We got a deal at a couple of really nice Hotels. We do not have a match Hotel, we do sign-in at the range the morning of May 1.

Candlewood Suites West Little Rock

10520 West Markham Street

Little Rock, AR 72205

Tel. 501-975-3800 Fax. 501-975-1500

8 King Studio Suites @ $79.00 + Tax

10 Double Studio Suites @ $89.00 + Tax

One Bedroom Suite @ $109.00 + Tax (Available if needed)

Springhill Suites Little Rock

306 Markham Center Drive

Little Rock, AR 72205

Tel. 501-978-6000 Fax. 501-978-6010

15 Doubles @ $85.00 + Tax

5 Kings @ 85.00 + Tax

Good from 4/28/2010 thru 5/2/2010

Cutoff date for special rate is 4/20/2010

Shooters to make their own reservations

I hope this helps out a few shooters.

Ron

I shot this match in '09. Wet might be considered a bit of an understatement. I seem to remember fording a river or two moving from stage to stage.

That said, I wish that I could make it back this year. Great place to shoot, good stages and really good people.

If you get the chance, shoot this match.

Jim Norman

dayyyyymn...I guess I need to practice the art of weak hand shooting... :wacko:

Here are the Stages for the match. They have been approved by the man himself, Amidon. Some of the drawings are a little simple, but they will be challenging when veiwing it live.

2010 AR Section Handgun Championship Stages.pdf

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Stages look great Ron. I am thinking of making the trip over from Oklahoma. How many shooters do you typically have?

Chris, we usually have between 60-100. Depends on the year and how much advertising we've done. I got the news out early this year along with the stages, so we should have a nice turn out.

See ya

Ron

I'd love to make it but I already have 3 weekends in May booked with Matches (Area 4 and MS Classic) and a rifle class (Louis Awerbuck).

The stages look awesome.

Edited by spankaveli

Looks like this year is out for me. Thanks to the Arkansas section members and CASA members in particular for putting on what is traditionally a VERY GOOD match.

Hopalong

Edit for spelling

Edited by hopalong