Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost Inbox PM's

benos

I ran a script last night to revive lost PM's. Unfortunately it error'd out at 6250 PM's.

So tonight, when the forum/server traffic is lower, I'm going to run a different script that hopefully will complete.

So just for fun, tomorrow morning you might try logging out and logging back in and see if you have any recovered PM's.

I'll update this as I get more info.

be

Thanks Brian! Though it was a nice way for me to finally purge my PM's :roflol:

:) Yea, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the script won't work... ;)

be

I was using the backup feature to download them to my machine via email. :cheers:

This is not my first rodeo.... :bow:

The PM Rebuild Tool is finished running.

To see if your PM's are back, I'd suggest clearing your browser's cache, and removing all brianenos.com cookies, then quit the web browser, then log back in.

The only PM's I had after running the tool and doing the above were the PM's I already had. But my Inbox may have been empty or nearly empty before the upgrade. So I don't know if the Tool helped or not.

One thing I noticed, the only PM's I had after the upgrade were PM's I had saved in various folders. And they all appeared in the "conversations" folder (in Messenger)

If you got any PM's back please report in this thread only.

be

Thanks Nik.

I didn't have a good vibe on it.

Personally, I couldn't care less - because if a PM was in my Inbox (not saved in a folder) - that meant it was just waiting to be deleted when my Messages got full.

But I know for some - especially with deals in progress in the Classifieds - it will be a PITA to lose Inbox PM's.

I researched the crap out of the upgrade before doing it, and didn't find anything about permanently losing PM's. If I would have, I would have advised everyone to download or backup their PM's before the upgrade.

But I'm not giving up yet - I'll submit a ticket on this tomorrow.

be

Wow, glad I know what's going on now. My PM's never did go away then just now I go to send one and get "The Error". Talk about a momentary panic attack! Hopefully Brian can get the lost ones recovered for anybody who lost them. That has to suck. I have all kinds of "stuff" stored in my old PM's.

I still haven't heard back from the IP tech. He was running the PM rebuild on his personal laptop, since there was a glitch from where I was running it. He said he'd "be back" when the PM tool was done running, or shortly thereafter. From our estimation, that should have been about 2 hours ago. So I'm not sure what's going on / where's he's at.

In the FYI department, when the tool is done, there is a good probably that 2,000 of the 100,000 PM's the tool was rebuilding will be duplicates. So if you are one of the unlucky few with duplicate PM's, well you'll know what to do.

I'll check back later... In the meantime periodically check to see if your PM's start working.

;)

be