Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The New BE Look!

Rolex

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bright but, give Brian some time to work on it and I think it'll be cool. :cheers:

A consistent thinker is a thoughtless person, because he conforms to a pattern; he repeats phrases and thinks in a groove.

J. Krishnamurti

In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself.

J. Krishnamurti

Change is the end result of all true learning.

Leo Buscaglia

Scott

Another new feature, if BE or the moderators are monitoring this thread.

When you did a search before, it would return threads. Now it returns posts. Maybe there is a setting for this that I can change.

Click on My Settings slide down the bottom until you see:

Search Settings

Change the drop down menu to 'Show results as a list' and see if that works for you

More posts? I don't care what you turn off you will be lucky to get half of what you could before. This thing is a resource hog when it comes to desktop space. The first thing I did was to delete most of my sig to help members out.

I'm not sure I agree, once I switched off the signatures it makes a huge difference on my screen. It looks to me like each post is about the same amount of space as before.

I just compared some posts on the Global Village that uses the previous version of the forum software and each post is taking up about the same amount of vertical space (about 4")

I'm running in 1920x1200 and your post just above takes about 4" of screen. Thats a bit much for a one liner. I think the real problem is the Avatars and user info, combined with the rather thick post deviders.

Edited to add: and the thick edited by line doesn't help.

Edited by Vlad

"What I have noticed is that if I refresh the screen it no longer refreshes the index. I have been on the board for 2 hours and page 1 looks like it did when I entered with no new posts."
So just click on "View New Content" to refresh the new posts list. That should get you there with just one click.

dunno I think I liked to old style better. But I will have to get used to this one.

That was my first impressions.

Give it time folks. It's gonna take Brian some time to get everything the way he wants it, or at least a little closer to the way it once was.

Anything good is worth waiting for! ;)

I hope that too and I am sure Brian will do his best.

I'm pretty good about accepting change, but I'm not feeling the love for this format. :(

I also lost six months worth of PM's....

I hope this new format will bring some new uses which make this forum use easier and faster in the end. :rolleyes:

I set max topics/page and max post/page to 50. It does display 50 posts per page but not 50 topics/page. Is this just me?

Thanks!

Opps. Wrong thread... I'm posting on problem thread now. Sorry.

Edited by lugnut