• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, In my XD9 5". With a stock spring I use this load:

4g W231

124g round nose Berrys plated bullet

1.140 OAL

Winchester SPP

Mixed brass

Cycles fine, Done my best shooting with the XD and this load. Someday I'll buy a chrono.

Edited by hueycrew

Yes, thats all I run is Berry's 147gr in an Xd 9mm and 200 or 230gr in an Xd 45. Will post powder grains later. Gotta chase a child. I run VV N320 and it's soft in the 45. Been accused alot of not making major ;)

I can buy 250 count of Berrys plated 124gr HP at Cabelas to try out, anyone shooting Berrys 9mm or 45s Thanks Blaster

Why? You can buy jacketed cheaper than Berrys. $24/250 at Cabelas = $96/K plus tax or plus shipping (can be both). Montana Gold 124gr JHPs are $107/K if you buy only 1K, or $80/K if you buy a case of 3,750 ($300). Order them tomorrow and have them by the weekend. It's almost a sure bet they'll be more accurate. R,

Bought some and they tumbled out of my M&P 9pro. Put the round in my 9mm 1911 and they did not tumble. Then bought some lead bullets for $47/k shipped. They shoot well and don't lead much.

Randy

Edited by redwoods

Berrys 124gr with 3.8gr Titegroup or Berry's 147gr with 3.3gr Titegroup or 3.4gr Solo 1000. OAL 1.132 I get good accuracy with Berry's. Just be sure you don't over-crimp. I bought a bunch, so I am using what I have. When I run low, I will probably place an order for Montana Gold's to try out.

ETA: I shoot them in my Glock 34 and they make minor PF. Usually run 129-132 PF if I remember correctly.

Edited by dsmw5142

I shoot the 115 gr. round nose in my 9mm's and the 200 gr. flat nose in my .45's. All of my pistols like the bullets and if you buy directly from Berry's you will save money and no taxes unless you live in Arizona. I load them all over Unique.

I've shot a few thousand Berry's and they do just fine in my CZ SP-01 and standard M&P.

My go to load for production is 124 FP with 3.9 Titegroup at 1.010 OAL, runs about 130 PF. Great accuracy out of the CZ and good accuracy with the M&P.

Both guns also really like the 147 RN. Don't remember the load off the top of my head but it is WSF at 1.150 OAL.

As noted by others, go easy on the crimp, they are pretty soft.

Cabela's in KC has the 124 grain for $20.99 for 250. Sometimes it's just handy to grab a box or two instead of a case. And since I'm working my way through 3000 130 grain BBI's I don't shoot that many Berry's right now, keep 500 or so loaded and that keeps me going.

Berrys are $71 a 1000 plus shipping dealer price. blaster

Montana Gold 124 CMJ's are $78/1000 including shipping (retail). I doubt shipping would be less than $7/1000 for the Berrys, so you're paying as much, or more, for something that isn't as good, and should cost less from a raw materials and effort standpoint. It makes no sense why they've cranked up their prices to more than what jacketed are going for.

Precision Deltas are going for $72/1000 shipped.

Some barrels don't seem to do well with plated bullets and some are okay with them if you're careful about how you load them. I know the AET styles rarely shoot them well at all.

Edited by G-ManBart

I used to shoot 9mm 147 gr Berrys exclusively until I got a batch that tumble out of every 9mm I own. I spent a lot of time trying to get them to shoot but was never sucessful. Now I use either jacketed or lead. As others have said, why take a chance when they are not attractively priced against jacketed.

I've shot several thousand of the Berry bullets in 9mm and 40s&w in different weights. I never had a problem out of my 34 or 35 and they were plenty accurate but I agree with G-ManBart. Once I found the Precision Delta brand I started buying a better quality bullet for less money. B)

Berrys 124gr with 3.8gr Titegroup or Berry's 147gr with 3.3gr Titegroup or 3.4gr Solo 1000. OAL 1.132 I get good accuracy with Berry's. Just be sure you don't over-crimp. I bought a bunch, so I am using what I have. When I run low, I will probably place an order for Montana Gold's to try out.

ETA: I shoot them in my Glock 34 and they make minor PF. Usually run 129-132 PF if I remember correctly.

Wow, I need 4 grains of Titegroup behind a 125 jhp to make 130pf out of my Glock 34, or M&P Pro.

I just used the last of a box of 500 Berrys 115jhps that I use in my HK P7s. Using either 4.5 of Green Dot or 4.2 of AA#2 it makes a great target round that without a chrno feels similar to a WWB factory 115jhp load. Clean and accurate but on the spendy side. I just ordered 1k each of 9mm 124fmj and 45acp 230fmj from Precision Delta and they should be here next week. Prices are great and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

I load berry's 124grn RNDS over 4.3grns of 231 @1.135" and have good luck with them. Accuracy is fine for what I do from 25 yards or less. For longer distances I'll load up some Hornady HAP's. I've shot this through both my USP9 and my M&P Pro with good results. I had to order another thousand today because I'm still waiting on Precision Delta to send out my order.

I went through about 3000 of the 124's a few years ago without a hitch, but then the prices started to go all weird and I found them to be more expensive than the Montana Gold bullets. Since then I've checked the Berrys a few times and have yet to find enough of a price difference to warrant changing back.

• 4 weeks later...

Berrys are $71 a 1000 plus shipping dealer price. blaster

Montana Gold 124 CMJ's are $78/1000 including shipping (retail). I doubt shipping would be less than $7/1000 for the Berrys, so you're paying as much, or more, for something that isn't as good, and should cost less from a raw materials and effort standpoint. It makes no sense why they've cranked up their prices to more than what jacketed are going for.

Precision Deltas are going for $72/1000 shipped.

Some barrels don't seem to do well with plated bullets and some are okay with them if you're careful about how you load them. I know the AET styles rarely shoot them well at all.

Where do you get'em for 78/1000 shiped?