Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

airsoft shooting

dover0020

I know the targets that I have seen are scaled down from original size. How does distance translate to shooting airsoft as compared to the real thing. If I'm shooting a USPSA stage at 10 yards how does that translate to shooting airsoft in my basement?

Thanks for the help

dONT KNOW the math

here is what I do.

stand back 10 yds from real tgt.

at arms length hold my calipers and bracket the real tgt.

set my scaled down tgt then walk back untill it fits my calipers at arms length

I know the targets that I have seen are scaled down from original size. How does distance translate to shooting airsoft as compared to the real thing. If I'm shooting a USPSA stage at 10 yards how does that translate to shooting airsoft in my basement?

Thanks for the help

Wander through the forum and you will find some of these questions answered. I like the caliper idea and will try it. You can't lose comparing it to a real target at what ever distance. Here are some other posts that may help.

dry fire ranges

target pic and video links in thread

I don't fret to much about it since all my targets get moved around each day. It is always good for me to know as I set up my course what skill I am trying to replicate (close or far focus).

Good luck

Thanks for the help

Wander through the forum and you will find some of these questions answered. I like the caliper idea and will try it. You can't lose comparing it to a real target at what ever distance. Here are some other posts that may help.

dry fire ranges

target pic and video links in thread

I don't fret to much about it since all my targets get moved around each day. It is always good for me to know as I set up my course what skill I am trying to replicate (close or far focus).

Good luck

the thread i started listed above(2nd one) should be the perfect info for you. Worst case scenario: setup a regular target at 10 yds. have a friend hold the airsoft target at the same height and move closer until they are the same :)

hoping to order my targets soon to get my practice on as well

Half the standard size, use half the distance (the reduced target at 5 yards is the same as a full size target at 10 yards). IOW, half the size is equivalent to twice the distance.

One third the standard size, use one third the distance (the reduced target at 5 yards is the same as a full size target at 15 yards). IOW, one third the size is equivalent to three times the distance.

Whatever the ratio of the AS target to the full sized target, the distance ratio is the same.

I believe the two reduced sizes above are the most common. The second is what will fit comfortably onto standard letter sized paper, and translates one foot into one yard.

Edited by kevin c