Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baby Eagle...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, what recoil spring would fit the BE, the one from CZ or Tanfog?

I interchange the springs for my Jericho, Tanfoglios and CZs; my Jericho and Tanfos use a larger diameter guide rod, but the springs are the same. I have a bunch of different springs with weights I can only guess at judging by the wire diameter, but right now in the Jericho I'm running a heavy spring (12# I think) which came with the .41 AE barrel.

pretty much everything I tried interchanged with Tanfoglio's I have swapped barrels and springs and slides, the only thing that was not interchangeable with my Tanfoglios I have is the Hammer spring because the BE uses the older long vertical spring like a CZ or older Tanfoglio.

Mike

My mags drop free but ever if they don't it's not too hard to fix with a garage floor and a ball peen hammer.

Good to know :) And one more thing does the mag break on the BE does not cause issues with the typical "mag not dropping freely" with the CZ's? Thanks.

btw, will the extended mag release for the CZ will work on the BE?

No, you need and extended magazine release for a small frame Tanfoglio, contact Henning: henningshootsguns.com. The BE uses a trigger plunger like a Tanfo and the integral part of the mag catch is the bottom of that plunger.

I've used Tanfoglio and CZ hammers in my Jericho, but brand mixing is a no go in Production. I have a spare set of internals for mine so I plan to mill out the inside of one of them to try. I'm actually not sure if that's legal in Production; if anyone knows for sure, please chime in.

• 3 weeks later...

Great work on the firing pin Kneelingatlas. I called cajun gun works a while back and he said he made a reduced power firing pin, but i didnt know the cz spring was different length. cool to know that the 13# is 100% in your gun maybe ill pick one up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know about "poor man's", my IMI Uzi Eagle is of the same quality as the Tanfoglios I've owned, although I've never handled an IWI Jericho; unless I'm mistaken, the IMI pistols are machined in Tanfoglio factories and assembled in Israel.

If you ask me, the differences which effect performance all go to the Jericho over the Tanfo equivalent (Witness steel):

-full length dust cover (in the Tanfo Line, you have to upgrade to a Stock II for a full length DC)

-lightened slide (the Jericho slide is more than an ounce lighter than the Witness slide)

Then among personal preferences, the Jericho has a smaller grip due to the lower hump on the back of the frame and utilizes a slide mounted safety/decocker, rather than the frame mounted safety of the Witness. The slide safety is problematic if you want to convert the Jericho to SAO as the safety cannot be applied with the hammer cocked (well... the decocker pin could be removed, but that's less than optimal), however, on the plus side for DA, the Jericho does not utilize a firing pin block (commonly removed from Witnesses for a better trigger pull).

As you can see, I prefer the Jericho to the Witness for a Production division pistol.

• 8 months later...