Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baby Eagle...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do make a frame=mounted safety version; you might suggest it to Charles Daly to import that version (Jericho 941FS I think).

I've always thought those guns were really sexy, I just wish they had a normal (to us Americans) frame mounted safety instead of the slide-mounted one.

Good to know. The first handgun I ever owned was a Taurus PT92, and Berettas have never felt right to me because they put the safety in the wrong place and it goes the wrong way!

IMI no longer maintains/makes the Jericho. It used to receive parts from Tanfoglio.

Jericho=Baby Eagle in the US.

Nowdays, the Jericho, barak-sp21, etc' is manufactured/maintained by IWI(which is also receiving parts from Tanfoglio). Even Bul Transmark had its share of maintaining the baby eagle.

The majority of Jerichos around have safeties/decockers on the body and not the slide.

When IMI maintained the Jericho, it had a wonderful line of IPSC models, some of them quite unique. A few compensator models, enlarged safeties, flat single action triggers, several gripi types, you name it. And that was years ago.

It was and still a workhorse, although I claim that's the case with metal versions and not the polymer version.

A custom jericho, well built and maintained, is really fun to shoot.

• 1 year later...

hate to bring this thread back from the dead... but I cant seem to find a good belt loop holster for the Baby Eagle. I have a semi-compact no rail 45. All the holsters that I see are paddle holsters, and cant seem to find the blade tech. the only blade tech I see is an IWB.

I have a 9mm BE and several Tanfoglios the parts are interchangeable, I have put the BE top end on my Tanfoglio and vice versa to verify it(small frame witness).

I have to say I am a fan of the slide mounted decocker, unlike a CZ decocker, it does not affect the double or single action trigger pulls just retracts the firing pin and trip the sear to drop the hammer when it is in the fire position it hase no interference with the trigger, sear or hammer.

As far as shooting it goes it has been great I did a quick polish and spring trigger job on it and love the way it shoots soft and flat. Iv only had two problems with it one I shot to well with it at area one and got bumped to B class and I let my son use it and now it is HIS match gun.

For a holster I made my own kydex drop offset holster but I am funny that way.

MIke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Another 'come back from the dead'...

I fitted my Jericho 941 with same reduced power springs I have on my Shadow, i.e. 11# recoil and 13# main spring. The gun now fails to fire in DA about 50% of the time. I am considering two options:

1. Replace mainspring with the 15#.

2. Replace firing pin with an extended firing pin.

What would you recommend? I would prefer to keep the 13# mainspring but I'm not sure the extended firing pin will solve my problem.

Also, I found that my Blade-Tech DOH I use for the Shadow is a bit tight for the Jericho, does anyone know of another option?

TIA.

Another 'come back from the dead'...

I fitted my Jericho 941 with same reduced power springs I have on my Shadow, i.e. 11# recoil and 13# main spring. The gun now fails to fire in DA about 50% of the time. I am considering two options:

1. Replace mainspring with the 15#.

2. Replace firing pin with an extended firing pin.

What would you recommend? I would prefer to keep the 13# mainspring but I'm not sure the extended firing pin will solve my problem.

Also, I found that my Blade-Tech DOH I use for the Shadow is a bit tight for the Jericho, does anyone know of another option?

TIA.

I purchase the bb gun replica, and found my tanfoglio stock 2 holster worked well with it. (EAA Limited custom,...full dust cover)

BabyDesertEagle45ACP.jpg

This is my "Baby" Desert Eagle in .45 ACP. This gun runs like a scalded dog. It is very well constructed and shoots exactly where it's aimed. Extra factory magazines can cost a bit, but if you shop around they're not too bad. There isn't anywhere else I know of where you can still purchase a solid steel framed, double stack, .45 ACP for under $500.00 of this quality. IMI builds great weapons and ammunition. Bill T.

Ardo,

Try it with the heavier recoil spring. It may not be properly locking up with the lighter spring.

But this only happens on the first shot, in DA mode. I am confused...

I purchase the bb gun replica, and found my tanfoglio stock 2 holster worked well with it. (EAA Limited custom,...full dust cover)

Thanks, was yours a Blade Tech? I don't see a Stock 2 holster on their site.

BabyDesertEagle45ACP.jpg

This is my "Baby" Desert Eagle in .45 ACP. This gun runs like a scalded dog. It is very well constructed and shoots exactly where it's aimed. Extra factory magazines can cost a bit, but if you shop around they're not too bad. There isn't anywhere else I know of where you can still purchase a solid steel framed, double stack, .45 ACP for under $500.00 of this quality. IMI builds great weapons and ammunition. Bill T.

I love mine and I love this thread. I think I am going to pick up an identical 9mm for $450.

• 1 year later...

Ancient thread.... Awake!!!

Hey do you guy know if there are any after market sights for this gun?

Mine shoots about 6 inches high..

I'm thinking about sending it to Dawson for a custom front sight.

LPA makes adjustable sight sets for the Baby Eagle aka Jericho 941.

Yes I saw them..

I'm not sure they will fix the high point of impact sence they're really tall and the front blade is so short..

Other than the LPA I don't see any other options out there :(

Yes I saw them..

I'm not sure they will fix the high point of impact sence they're really tall and the front blade is so short..

I bought an LPA set for my CZ which included a front sight. It worked well.

Or you could change out your existing front sight for a taller one.

Or reduce the height of you existing rear sight.

Yes I saw them..

I bought an LPA set for my CZ which included a front sight. It worked well.

Or you could change out your existing front sight for a taller one.

Or reduce the height of you existing rear sight.

Yes I would like to install a taller front sIght but I have no idea what the matching cut is..

Sent Dawson a mail to see if they would make one for me..

Any ideas as what other makers might make a front sight that will feat??