Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 MGM Ironman

Congrats to one of the class acts in all of competitive shooting, Dave Neth for winning the 4th 3GN shoot-off and the $5,000 cash prize from Warne! Way to go Dave!!!! Congrats and big time thanks also to Travis and Mike Gibson for an awesome match!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big congratulations to Dave!

Also a REAL BIG CONGRATULATION to Ben Fortin who celebrated his one year anniversary 3-gunning by finishing second over-all!!! Great job amigo!

Got a friend who shot the match, this is what I heard:

Tac Optics

1st Dave Neth

2nd Ben Fortin

3rd John Bagakis

4th Jeff Cramblit

5th Kieth Garcia

6th Pat Kelley

7th Henrik Blixt

Open

1st Mike Voigt

2nd Matt Burkett

If any of these are not in the proper place, please excuse me, I am going by memory.

Also a REAL BIG CONGRATULATION to Ben Fortin who celebrated his one year anniversary 3-gunning by finishing second over-all!!! Great job amigo!

Very nice!!! GO ROCKSTAR!!!!!

Adios,

TG

Very nice!!! GO ROCKSTAR!!!!!

Adios,

TG

Thanks Travis for a great match. I had a blast shooting with Pat Kelly and Jeff.

As a first timer at MGM it was quite a learning experience :blink: and I had a blast, congrats to all that shot the match and THANKS to the many that took the time out of thier lives to set it all up and run us tired souls through it all, this match has so many more targets and challanges than any other I can barely grasp the many hours to set it all up and debug it before we arrived, Mike, Travis and many involved you have our thanks for a wonderful weekend spent with friends.

Ben, you Rock Star! no more advice for you but I am taking shorthand so I can start taking notes when you are talking to make my game better :cheers: Pat K, post some of those pics and look forward to shooting with you again real soon

Many thanks to the generous sponsors that allowed us to walk away with some fine equipment for our future adventures, your support is not forgotten

A huge congrats to the junior that won limited(sorry name is lost in the fog of travel), just barely beating out his dad, what a proud momment for both

thanks again Travis, and your entire family and crew, Awesome job :bow:

jc

Mike, Travis and all,

Another great match, good people and interesting stages. I don't know how your ROs do it but they work incredable hours in harsh conditions and keep smiling! Thats what this sport is all about, friends, fun and the challenge. Squad 5 had a shooter on Stage 6 when the huricane came through. Stuff was blowing everywhere, rain poured, the walls blew down and the ROs didn't blink an eye and he kept on shooting! That was some hard core action. After a year of rest I think I'll do it again.

Doug

Dont think I've ever been so beat and bruised coming home from a match before, but in this case, I guess that means that the match did what it was supposed to ;)

BIG thanks to ROs and everyone else involved in making this match happen.

This was my first Ironman and I loved it. Thanks so much to Travis, Mike, the SPONSORS (FNH USA!!) and to the ROs who worked themselves into the ground for a week solid.

Congrats too to all the winners. I really hope the final 3 Gun Nation shoot-off will become a regular part of the event.

This was my first Ironman and I loved it. Thanks so much to Travis, Mike, the SPONSORS (FNH USA!!) and to the ROs who worked themselves into the ground for a week solid.

Congrats too to all the winners. I really hope the final 3 Gun Nation shoot-off will become a regular part of the event.

Here's the full article... You can leave comments for Dave and all the winners at the bottom. thanks!

http://www.3GunNation.com/News/neth_wins_3gn_shoot-off_5000

post-23743-127661311644_thumb.jpg

Thanks a bunch to all the folks in the pits with the shooters and behind the scenes. And thanks a bunch to all the sponsers that help make the match happen. I had a great time agian this year looking forward to next year.

In case there was ever a question, Chucks gun-belt did not fall off as he went down the slide.

Well... it depends on what your definition of "off" is. I think there were one or two strands of Velcro holding it on there. Otherwise it looked darned close to a striptease to those of us behind the line ... ;)

Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but the scores have been up on the MGM site for a couple days now. Been busy and my brainy still no worky wacko.gifMGM Ironman scores

If I haven't already, I'd like to thank all the competitors for their patience and graciousness. Some squads had some late stages, but they took it well and everyone appeared to be in good spirits.

I'd also like to thank all the sponsors that stepped up at the last minute to help put together an outstanding prize table. BIG hats off to FNH USA for taking over as the Major Match Sponsor. Next time you see one of these guys, tell them thank you and shake their hand. As far as I'm concerned there is NO ONE in the industry doing more to help grow the shooting sports. Between all the matches they have sponsored this year and their huge contributions to the new television show 3 Gun Nation, they are really getting it done. Thanks guys.

Lastly and most importantly, I'd like to thank all the staff that helped me put this match on. I can honestly say I have never seen, been involved with, or even HEARD of a group of people working this hard for this many hours and still being so helpful and in good spirits. Also the stats girls. They get stuck in the little office and the only time anyone goes to see them is when they have a problem. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You guys were all great and it was an honor to have you at the event. THANK YOU!!!

Next year I'll be releasing the entry forms around the first week in February. If you want to come, keep your eyes peeled!!!! We aren't going to take as many shooters next year as we did this year so it will most likely fill up much faster.

Adios,

TG