Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Major matches

Looks like it's time to start planning which big matches to shoot this year. How 'bout we revolver shooters start posting where we will shoot so we can get enough to have a revolver squad or 2, the more the merrier!!! This might also give people a chance to see our new revo champ in action, if we knew where he will be shooting

I might not be shooting it, but I'm producing it.

Memphis Charity Challenge

USPSA match (Revolvers only recognized)

November 6/7 2010

Speedloaders will have their own plaques (might even hit the prize table really quick too)

Hop

Edit to add:

Mississippi Classic is the next largest USPSA match in the US by average for the last 4 years now too! :cheers: (you might want to look into that.

Edited by hopalong

I'll be back to the Memphis Charity Challenge, and with my speedloaders ready for action. It was too good of a match to miss going again. :D

Most of the rest of the matches that I attend will be in NC & SC from the matches that I have seen posted so far. Juggling USPSA, IDPA, SASS, ICORE, and Olympic Style Fencing competitions (while keeping the wife relatively happy) is a full time job along with my full time job! :wacko:

The Memphis Charity Challenge 2010 has already been approved by the Director of the Household. Last night was the Spring Match discussion, out of four matches presented, the SC State has been approved. That just leaves Area 6, and the VA/MD Sectional or NC ICORE since they are on the same weekend.

Right now for sure the Memphis Charity Challenge, Infinity Area 4.(Revo of Course). Hopefully the Arkansas Sectionals with out the rain. for ICORE, IRC, Southern Regionals, the Mississippi Maadness ( or what ever they choose to call it. I would like to try the SC Matches but w I will have to see if I can make any of those. I may add one or two more later on. :cheers: later rdd

Well.. for me it's the ICORE SW regional, the IRC, and the N Cal Section Golden Bullet.. but I don't have a choice in the latter since I'm the idio... er MD for that..

I don't think I'll have any more time off for that and other hobbies this year.

There's a minor-caliber revo shooter in my VERY near future (due to make its appearance to the world in 5 weeks) so I think I'll only be able to afford Area 7 and maybe the Walls of Steel in RI. Unfortunately it won't take moonclips- just bottles... Will post pictures after the non-ffl transfer :)

There's a minor-caliber revo shooter in my VERY near future (due to make its appearance to the world in 5 weeks) so I think I'll only be able to afford Area 7 and maybe the Walls of Steel in RI. Unfortunately it won't take moonclips- just bottles... Will post pictures after the non-ffl transfer :)

Congratulations!!!!!!! :cheers:

P.S. If you do shoot "Walls of Steel" match let me know. I try and make that match every year.

Edited by matt625

icore:

southern regional and midwest, mississippi cup, and hopefully one of the NC matches and possibly the rocky mountain regional.

USPSA

planning for memphis and the rest depending on when they fall as to the icore matches.

Edited by ChrisC

OH, you wanted to know where we're shooting our revolvers..........................SILLY ME ! :wacko:

Planned revolver matches for HOPALONG

USPSA:

Area 1

Memphis Charity Challenge

ICORE:

Southern Regional

Mississippi ICORE Cup (If they have it)

IDPA: :surprise:

Lousiana State

I'll need 1 more to qualify for IDPA nats if I get to go.

See some of you there.

HOP

Hopefully I will get to shoot all of these:

Southern Regional

MS Classic (that one should not count, since I will be working as an RO and it is only five minutes from my house.)

Gator Classic

ICORE CUP (if it happens)

Memphis Charity Challenge (Bring that Polish Abortion back, I want to better my run!)

Revolver Nationals (If vacation time and funds allow.)

I'll be going to Memphis (hopefully no illness this year), Indiana state match, and I'm strongly considering the Mississippi classic and King of Revo if it's on again and my work schedule permits.

I'll be going to Memphis (hopefully no illness this year), Indiana state match, and I'm strongly considering the Mississippi classic and King of Revo if it's on again and my work schedule permits.

+1 King of Revo aka Three Days of Revolver

Edited by Tom E

The wishlist for revolver matches this year is pretty long, but we'll see how it actually goes. It looks like I'll be staying a bit more local this year.

IDPA:

IN State Championship

(maybe) Tri-State Regional

USPSA:

Indiana State Match

Indiana Single Stack/Production/Revolver match

ICORE:

Wheelgunner's Revenge in Michigan

Steel Challenge:

US Steel Nationals

Indiana State Steel Challenge

Action Pistol:

NRA Bianchi Cup

Now, it remains it be seen how many of those I'll actually get to, but in a perfect world I'd like to double my total of "majors" this year, but do it without having to travel all over hell's half-acre.

For now it looks like I'll shoot Area 3 this year and planning on the MCC if I am able to swap my weekend at work. All other major matchs fall on my weekendsto work again this year. Grrr! Will try 3DR again too if it happens and I'm off work.

Edited by snertley