is this a legal uspsa shooting position

juan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We can call it the Gray's Anatomy Rule... the arm bone's connected to the shoulder bone; the shoulder bone's connected to the neck bone... [Everybody sing!]

Hmmm...

So do you consider the neck a part of the arm?

We can call it the Gray's Anatomy Rule... the arm bone's connected to the shoulder bone; the shoulder bone's connected to the neck bone... [Everybody sing!]

Hmmm...

No the point is the shoulder Skin/Muscle/Bone/Whatever is connected to the shooting arm and if you are push/pull it you are SUPPORTING it

Hmmm...

If I ever need a range lawyer... can I put you on retainer?

Hmmm...

If I ever need a range lawyer... can I put you on retainer?

You might want to wait and see if I win any arguments first.

Edited by mhs

Wait .. WAIT .. I've been ignoring the forums for a while and Nik mentioned this thread to me last night so I just got here but I am carrying a can of gasoline .. let me just undo the cap and tip it just so ..

If I put my fist to the center of my chest, rotate the shooting hand (weak or not) towards the center of my body to bring the gun to my eyes and PUSH my fist against shooting side pectoral, I can feel my chest muscles push against the upper part of my biceps, perhaps stabilizing my shooting arm.

Question 1) Am I supporting my arm?

Question 2) How the hell can anyone but me tell I'm doing it, differentiate it from a my fist lightly on my chest, call a procedural, or do so evenly?

Ok now .. who has matches? I've quit smoking (again) and I don't have a lighter anymore .. No? No one? I think I have a fero rod in my car .. Be right back.

• 2 weeks later...

The things that makes me chuckle the same guys that say it is supporting and thus illegal are teh same ones telling him it is terrible technic and he should change. :blink:

Not me.

I haven't found much merit in the technique, but I feel he should be free to use it. :)

Okay... just a purely theoretical question (for obvious reasons); Shooting weak hand, can I legally touch my shooting arm as long as I'm not supporting it?

No.

How about "my" technique a few posts up?

Okay... just a purely theoretical question (for obvious reasons); Shooting weak hand, can I legally touch my shooting arm as long as I'm not supporting it?

No.

How about "my" technique a few posts up?

1) Maybe, see answer two.

2) Nobody but you can likely tell if you are supporting that way. If we can't tell, we can't call it. Don't touch your shooting arm.

Troy

According to the OP, whom I see no reason to consider a liar, the position in question was used to steady his head.

Would anyone consider it illegal to use his non-shooting hand to stabilize his head by propping it between his non-shooting-side shoulder and head? Using the "disabled" hand, but not coming anywhere near his shooting shoulder/arm?

If you say it's illegal, what rule would you site?

Iam the father of the orinal poster

This position started many years ago.

My son started shooting competivly at the age of ten. he is now 15

It started for support. beign that young holding the gun up with one and having any kind of stability was hard.

Fast forward to today.He is changing his position but some times he goes to the posted position.

The reason for the post was probably my lazyness. if it was legal why change it now. He is verry fast in getting into that position. many years and many dry fires.

Here you go. He doesn't say support the arm, but he does mention stability, having trouble holding the gun up, etc. Nothing about holding up his head.

So... if I use my weak hand to grab my hair to hold up my head.. that would be ok... right? :goof:

(I know you bald guys are jealous)

Yeah, but it would be better (and funnier) if you got Mark to do it for you. Hell, he'd probably lift you off the ground. :roflol: