Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fear

leam

Page 5 quotes "The Report Newsmagazine":

"Ordinary children today are more fearful than psychiatric patients were in the 1950's."

Also on Page 5:

"Fear never wrote a symphony or poem, negotiated a peace treaty, or cured a diesase. Fear never pulled a family out of poverty or a country out of bigotry. Fear never saved a marriage or a business. Courage did that. Faith did that. People who refused to consult or cower to their timidities did that. But fear itself? Fear herds us into a prison and slams the doors."

Page 10:

"The worship of safety emasculates greatness."

For me:

I am personally tired of being controlled by my fears and worries. The book "Fearless" answers many questions if I have but the will to ask. Anyone want to go through it with me? There's a study guide at the end of the book.

Leam

Fear is meant to warn you of danger - not make you afraid of it.

Hey Jake, you're right! The problem with society, and I include myself, is that we let fear have too much influence on our decision making. Some fear is reasonable. I fear hurting my back again so my workouts are done carefully. However, it took a while to get off my rear and accept enough risk to get me in the gym.

That's one of challenges of the day, to eliminate useless fears and keep the rest in perspective.

Leam