Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Alabama Section

Randal,

Like everyone has said already the match was great. Next year I gain another week of vacation at work so I can lend a hand.

I really enjoyed shooting with Squad 3 and everybody pasted targets which was great. Aside from taking a seat a little harder than I'd planned on Stage 3 it was a good day. Can't wait for next year.

Dave

Stage 3 harder than you planed......what you talking bout Willis.......what was hard about it :surprise:

Just think how EASY the other matches this year will seem.....I liked what Sono told me "The most challenging do able stages I've ever seen."

OMG!! You are giving me FLASHBACKS!! Almost everyone hates me more now because of stage 3! The stage was a NIGHTMARE to score!!

Do you really believe Stage 3 had anything to do with that????? :ph34r:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 3 harder than you planed......what you talking bout Willis.......what was hard about it :surprise:

Just think how EASY the other matches this year will seem.....I liked what Sono told me "The most challenging do able stages I've ever seen."

I'd planned on taking a knee but for some reason when the timer was running I decided to sit down. I dropped down a little harder than I thought and bruised my tail bone a little... I was hobbling around Saturday night and ended up having to self-medicate until the wee hours of Sunday morning. I don't think there was any beer left in B'ham Sun... Side note: I think the Gary Coleman reference would be better used for a comment about the shoot house ;)...

Randal,

Like everyone has said already the match was great. Next year I gain another week of vacation at work so I can lend a hand.

I really enjoyed shooting with Squad 3 and everybody pasted targets which was great. Aside from taking a seat a little harder than I'd planned on Stage 3 it was a good day. Can't wait for next year.

Dave

OMG!! You are giving me FLASHBACKS!! Almost everyone hates me more now because of stage 3! The stage was a NIGHTMARE to score!!

Do you really believe Stage 3 had anything to do with that????? :ph34r:

Bubba... note I said MORE!

Dave

Dave, I enjoyed getting to meet and shoot with you as well. You're more than welcome to squad with us anytime.

Thank to all the people who helped run this match(even Singlestack :roflol:). With the exception of stages 3 and 7 it was alot of fun. Not that those weren't fun, I just seemed to have dropped the fun ball when I got to them! :blush:

See you all next year,

Jason

If anyone has video of the match please post it here...or a link to them...

Thanks....

Randal, here are a few of my son and I...sorry I didn't get more of everyone.

USPSA Alabama State Match - Matt on Stage2

USPSA Alabama State Match - Mark on Stage2

USPSA Alabama State Match - Mark on Stage3

USPSA Alabama State Match - Matt on Stage7

USPSA Alabama State Match - Mark on Stage7

USPSA Alabama State Match - Matt on Stage8

I can't get back to Alabama fast enough!!! I just read this entire topic and I laughed, cried, and got anxious looking at the stages and reading the comments!!!!

I wish I had ran across this thread before today; I would have packed up the family and driven back to Birmingham. My wife is always up for a trip to Bama, and my parents love to see their grandbaby.

Any of you guys in Birmingham willing to help point an aspiring practical shooter in the right direction? I'm leaving the active Army (going to the Reserves) and moving back to Birmingham in August.

I have jumped into practical shooting with both feet, and I can't get enough. But, I know that I am going to need some mentorship if I'm going to do more than just send lead down range.

My brother and I are trying really hard to get my father involved also, but he's under the impression that 57 years old is too old to get started. Got any ideas on how we can change his mind?

Sorry for the drift.

Here is a video of Haydn on the Texas Star Stage.

great video and some sharp shooting. how old is he? nice muzzle control!

He's ten. He won Production in D. Been shooting USPSA for 1.5 years. I'm incredibly proud of him!

I can't get back to Alabama fast enough!!! I just read this entire topic and I laughed, cried, and got anxious looking at the stages and reading the comments!!!!

I wish I had ran across this thread before today; I would have packed up the family and driven back to Birmingham. My wife is always up for a trip to Bama, and my parents love to see their grandbaby.

Any of you guys in Birmingham willing to help point an aspiring practical shooter in the right direction? I'm leaving the active Army (going to the Reserves) and moving back to Birmingham in August.

I have jumped into practical shooting with both feet, and I can't get enough. But, I know that I am going to need some mentorship if I'm going to do more than just send lead down range.

My brother and I are trying really hard to get my father involved also, but he's under the impression that 57 years old is too old to get started. Got any ideas on how we can change his mind?

Sorry for the drift.

I don't live in Birmingham, but I have shot with the Birmingham folks many times. they are a good bunch of people. They have always treated me good. :cheers: I am certain that they will help you with your shooting.

Hurley

My video man (9-year old son) was a bit shaky, but got some good coverage. Set my record for the star in 5 shots... then followed it up by taking to for one of the standing plates!

http://www.youtube.com/fayetteflash#p/a/u/0/ly14UhanC-I

Hey Flash..good video compilation (and shootin')...what software did you use? Magix?

My video man (9-year old son) was a bit shaky, but got some good coverage. Set my record for the star in 5 shots... then followed it up by taking to for one of the standing plates!

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/ly14UhanC-I

Hey Flash..good video compilation (and shootin')...what software did you use? Magix?

These are all done with iMovie on a Mac. I'll use Final Cut for the fancy ones, but I take the video with my iPhone and have it on YouTube in about 5 minutes. Switched from PC to Mac about 6 years ago and never looked back! iMovie is free with a Mac and can make some pretty cool videos.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else think the chronograph was reading a bit fast?

????? Where did that come from???? Yea, I contacted CED and had them specifically manufacture 2 identical chronos that read 20 fps fast....cost a little extra money and time but the wait was worth it.. <_<

to specifically answer your question no....Thursday, Friday, and Saturday the chrono ammo was tested and was reading the chrono ammo PF of 120. The chrono's were reading 1-3 fps different. The box was built to specifications and the screens were IR.....looking over the chrono sheets most major PF were between 168-172 and minor was around 138...

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

Temperature and altitude difference can cause that much of a change.

My sub-minor chrono ammo (specially made for this purpose), chronoed 118.5 on Friday morning and 119.6 on Saturday morning. These are leftovers from the same batch I used at GA State last year, where they registered almost exactly the same. Also, my match ammo was just where I thought it would be (within 1-2 PF points).

I don't know why yours was faster at this match, and with so many variables associated with that black magic known as "Chrono", we may never know. I do know that the guy who used all 8 rounds and still only managed to squeak by at 165.4 didn't think the chrono was too fast.